Review Alienware x17 Review: A Designer Gaming Laptop

simfreak101

Honorable
Nov 3, 2017
After owning 4 generations of MSI's i gave up on the brand. Every single one of them had problems; most lasting no more than 18 months. When you drop 2k on a laptop, you want it to last longer; This post is being typed on the last MSI notebook i will own, even though the specs are great, the longevity isnt. I looked at the x17 and x15 as well as offering from gigabyte and asus, but opted for the new m15 R6; the 2 seemed pretty comparable with the x15 being thinner but sacrificing the network jack, since i use this laptop for work and we are starting to go back into the office, i didnt want to make the same mistake i made with my first alienware from way back (the damn thing weighed 20lbs with the power supply); The only problem is it looks like they are out of stock until mid oct.

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
This is a banger of a desktop replacement, especially with that keyboard.

the repair part availability and uefi security support is amazing on these, if you’re considering one and can afford the warranty extension, do so, provided the terms are what you need.

comedichistorian

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Hmmmm...."Element 31 cooling"? Baskin Robbins "31 flavors"? I sense a collaboration coming and frankly, it's long overdue. I'll be the first in line for a taste of the MOBO Mint ® with chocolate RAM pieces. "Dual scoop configuration please, hold the RGB LEDs "