Question AliExpress Bluetooth Dongle is recognized as a bluetooth headset ?

Jul 6, 2024
Windows 10 Pro, x64, OS Build 19045.4529

Made this post on another help forum, no success.

I used this dongle before on the same pc and it worked flawlessly. The main thing i used it for was a Nintendo Wii remote, but it worked then... lets say around a month/two months ago. Yesterday i wanted to connect my phone to try and use my phone as a bluetooth keyboard on my pc, but when i would try to connect to my PC using my phone (the phone is a Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro), it would say on the PC connected, and then 7 seconds later would switch to paired. On the phone, it's a infinite loop of it that says Connecting... Back then when i used the adapter, i didn't bother checking the adapter on my device manager, because everything worked as it should. Now, i tried these things:

-I tried using bluetooth troubleshooting, but the only problem it always fixes is "Check bluetooth radio status", which does nothing;
-I tried removing the device, than scanning again in device manager, but that didn't do anything;
-I tried updating the drivers. The one that always pops up is "Generic Bluetooth Radio", even if i try to update it to an another driver (for example, when asked which driver do i want, i select "Generic Bluetooth Adapter", but it still updates to Generic Bluetooth Radio);
-I did sfc /scannow AND the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command, both reported no problems;
-I tried rebooting the PC and the phone, i even tried different phones and they couldn't also connect to the dongle;
-Even tried to reset the "Bluetooth User Support" service, that didn't do anything;
-I tried my laptop and no success, BUT something different is going on with the laptop;
-I tried connecting that same wii remote again with my dongle, but now it doesn't want to connect.

On my laptop that runs Windows 10 Enterprise that already has built-in bluetooth, the device manager recognizes it correctly as an actual bluetooth adapter and not a bluetooth headset!
However, it still doesn't work even on the laptop.

In device manager on the events tab, it says that it always in the end doesn't start. Down below are pictures to see what i mean.

I wanted to ask what could the problem be. Is it possible that the adapter broke? Maybe i turned something off on both my laptop and PC that i don't know? Please help, but as i am seeing, the final solution would be to buy another adapter...
Thank you!
412008d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help2.png
412007d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help1.png
412009d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help3.png
412010d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help4.png

Windows 10 Pro, x64, OS Build 19045.4529

Made this post on another forum, no success.

I used this dongle before on the same pc and it worked flawlessly. The main thing i used it for was a Nintendo Wii remote, but it worked then... lets say around a month/two months ago. Yesterday i wanted to connect my phone to try and use my phone as a bluetooth keyboard on my pc, but when i would try to connect to my PC using my phone (the phone is a Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro), it would say on the PC connected, and then 7 seconds later would switch to paired. On the phone, it's a infinite loop of it that says Connecting... Back then when i used the adapter, i didn't bother checking the adapter on my device manager, because everything worked as it should. Now, i tried these things:

-I tried using bluetooth troubleshooting, but the only problem it always fixes is "Check bluetooth radio status", which does nothing;
-I tried removing the device, than scanning again in device manager, but that didn't do anything;
-I tried updating the drivers. The one that always pops up is "Generic Bluetooth Radio", even if i try to update it to an another driver (for example, when asked which driver do i want, i select "Generic Bluetooth Adapter", but it still updates to Generic Bluetooth Radio);
-I did sfc /scannow AND the DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth command, both reported no problems;
-I tried rebooting the PC and the phone, i even tried different phones and they couldn't also connect to the dongle;
-Even tried to reset the "Bluetooth User Support" service, that didn't do anything;
-I tried my laptop and no success, BUT something different is going on with the laptop;
-I tried connecting that same wii remote again with my dongle, but now it doesn't want to connect.

On my laptop that runs Windows 10 Enterprise that has already built-in bluetooth, the device manager recognizes it as an actual bluetooth adapter and not like a bluetooth headset! However, it still doesn't work even on my laptop.

In device manager on the events tab, it says that it always in the end doesn't start. Down below are pictures to see what i mean.

I wanted to ask what could the problem be. Is it possible that the adapter broke? Maybe i turned something off on both my laptop and PC that i don't know? Please help, but as i am seeing, the final solution would be to buy another adapter...
Thank you!
412008d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help2.png
412007d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help1.png
412009d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help3.png
412010d1719764337t-aliexpress-bluetooth-dongle-recognized-bluetooth-headset-help4.png
Try this
https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-the-Record-of-USB-Plug-in-Equipment
"Generic Bluetooth Radio" is just another name because it uses radio waves for communication, just like WiFi etc.
It's also possible that it was made for and has Firmware for a BT headset, not a universal one.
There are also several BT standards, last one is 5.3