[SOLVED] All fans turn on full power then go to lower power

Jan 20, 2019
This is my first pc build and I’m not sure what to do my pc will turn on full power. Then immediately turn to lower power. It also has no post.

Solution
First, the fan story you cite is normal. In almost all systems with the fans attached to mobo headers, the fans all start up at full speed to be sure they start. Then in about 5-10sec, they all slow down to what is actually needed and stay there until some other adjustment is made.

The real issue is your statement that "It also has no post." We need more info, but I suspect what you are saying is that it shows nothing at all on your monitor screen. But there may be more to the story, so tell us more details if you have any.

Without those, I can suggest you look into the way that video signals are being sent to your monitor. Your mobo has built-in graphics, and alternatively can use a separate graphics card if you have one. You do. So...
Jan 20, 2019
I have a intel i7 generation 8 processor, PowerSpec 850 watt psu, gigabyte GeForce gtx 1060 graphics card, cooler master pc cooler fan not liquid, gigabyte B360M DS3H motherboard, and 480 GB inland pro ssd card.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
First, the fan story you cite is normal. In almost all systems with the fans attached to mobo headers, the fans all start up at full speed to be sure they start. Then in about 5-10sec, they all slow down to what is actually needed and stay there until some other adjustment is made.

The real issue is your statement that "It also has no post." We need more info, but I suspect what you are saying is that it shows nothing at all on your monitor screen. But there may be more to the story, so tell us more details if you have any.

Without those, I can suggest you look into the way that video signals are being sent to your monitor. Your mobo has built-in graphics, and alternatively can use a separate graphics card if you have one. You do. So check these items.

1. The cable from your computer to the monitor should be from the socket on the back of the added graphics card, and NOT from the socket on the back panel of the mobo.
2. Check the settings of your monitor by using its controls and menus - see the monitor's manual for instructions. Ensure that it is set to display the signal from the particular input connector you are using. For example, if the cable from PC to Monitor is an HDMI cable, ensure the Monitor is set to display the HDMI input.
3. If you still get nothing on the monitor, shut down your system and disconnect from the wall power outlet. Open the case and check two items on the video card. (a) Is it installed securely in its PCIe x16 slot? If in doubt, remove the screw holding down the rear metal bracket, carefully pull the card out of the slot (REMEMBER to release the locking tab at the rear of the slot), and re-seat it. Then re-install the screw. (b) the card requires power delivered by an 8-pin connector from the PSU plugged into a socket at top rear of the card. Is this plugged in? I note on the card's web page an illustration suggesting that, if you power up the system with no power cord to this point, there is a small light that blinks next to it to tell you the problem.
4. If that still gets you nothing, move the cable from the graphics card's output socket to the one on your mobo's back panel, and try that. IF that gets you a display, you need to check further. On most mobos IF you install a graphics card in a PCIe slot, the mobo detects that at start-up and switches to sending out video to the monitor through the added card. But that might not work. So if you have a display from the mobo output socket, reboot directly into BIOS Setup - see p. 20 of your manual. As the boot sequence starts, hold down the "Del" key (do not simply tap it) until the opening screen of Setup is displayed. From the main screen select Peripherals at top and see p. 32. Make sure the PCIe 1 Slot is selected. Escape from there and select the Chipset screen (see p.35) and ensure that Internal Graphics is set to Auto. Escape back to main menu and select the Save and Exit screen, then choose SAVE and EXIT Setup to preserve your changes. This will reboot your machine and give you NO display on the monitor because you just told it to send out video from your graphics card. So now move your HDMI cable from the mobo's socket to the one on the graphics card, and see whether it now does give you a display there. If that works, then you have fixed whatever was not working right.

If you still have no monitor display from either HDMI (or whichever) output socket of your machine, either the graphics card or your monitor has a problem. Try to connect your monitor, using that same cable, to another computer's output to verify that it works.

If the Monitor is OK but cannot display anything from your computer, maybe do this as another check. Shut everything down and disconnect from the wall. Unplug the cable from your video card and re-connect it to the mobo's video output socket. Disconnect and remove the graphics card completely. Close up and boot directly into BIOS Setup again. Check those settings in Chipset (make sure the on-board graphics is Enabled) and Peripherals (set it to the IGFX setting, then SAVE and EXIT. If you get proper graphics this way, the computer mobo and monitor are working, but the graphics card was not if it could not give you a display.

Solution
Jan 20, 2019
Wait which cable the hdmi or the other one. Because the other one won’t fit in the graphics card. Also what happens if I don’t pull the lock tab? I think I have identified the problem it most likely is in the GPU because I read other questions that were similar to mine and that was their problem.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If you are using an HDMI cable to start with, just use that for all the work. I assume there are HDMI output sockets on both the video card and the mobo socket plate.

A PCIe card has a small "hook" on one end of its strip of contacts and that fits into the back of the slot first, then the card rotates downward into the slot. To remove it, you need to push the release lever (a plastic arm at back of the slot) sideways, because that arm holds the rear of the card down. Both these things ensure the rear end of the contact strip stays securely held in the slot, while the front end is held down by the screw through the metal end plate into the computer case.

Certainly it is possible that your video card is faulty. Checking a few things as above to verify that everything else works is helpful in diagnosing.
Card seated properly
Card power connected to its socket at top rear
Monitor can display if given a signal
If it is used, the computer mobo video system can display on that monitor
BIOS is set to use video card for output