[SOLVED] All fans working, no display, no usb, no mobo leds or beeps

May 21, 2020
Brought a new Mobo (ASROCK B365M Pro4) and CPU (intel i5 9400) installed them into my pc, my fans are all on, the power button led is on but the USB isnt working, Display has black screen, theres no leds turning on, on mobo and no beepity boops when i turn it on. Been at it for the past 3 hours trying to find a solution. If anyone can help me i would much appreciate it.

Solution
Solved! I feel rather embaressed by this.. i didnt plug my RAM in properly haha! Anyone having this issue please check your RAM to avoid looking like a complete and utter idiot! Thanks for the replies guys i much appreciate it
May 21, 2020
full system spec? include make and model of the psu

https://asrock.com/MB/Intel/B365M Pro4/index.asp#CPU
did it have the bios version for that cpu?

Intel i5 9400(brand new never used)
Asrock b365m pro 4 (brand new never used)
Nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
Be quiet pure power 10 600w psu
Toshiba sata hhd 1tb
Samsung evo 8601tb(brand new never used)

I believe the bios version is compatible with the cpu, the cpu lever thing was pretty hard to press down could i have messed it up? I heard a little cracking sound i looked it up and other people seem to have had the same sound with no issues, maybe ive not put some of the cables in properly?

May 21, 2020
Also just incase you were wondering i was using an anti static wrist strap the whole time, its been hot in UK today so ive been working on it pretty much naked so no chance for a static build up aswel as working on the kitchen side. Made sure to hold the mobo by the heat sinks and edges.

May 21, 2020
Im going to try again tomorrow and try all RAM slots singularly, try the CMOS reset thing, remove everything and then re assemble it outside the case, try VGA input/output (im sure i have a cable somewhere), would i need to buy a speaker for the mobo to hear it beep? Not seeing any leds on is kinda worrying..if the mobo even has leds

Brought a new Mobo (ASROCK B365M Pro4) and CPU (intel i5 9400) installed them into my pc, my fans are all on, the power button led is on but the USB isnt working, Display has black screen, theres no leds turning on, on mobo and no beepity boops when i turn it on. Been at it for the past 3 hours trying to find a solution. If anyone can help me i would much appreciate it.
Check your cabling into the PSU. Sometimes it doesn't work if the cables are not all the way plugged in. Also, you won't get beeps without installing a speaker/buzzer on the board near the front panel pinouts.

Last edited:
May 21, 2020
Solved! I feel rather embaressed by this.. i didnt plug my RAM in properly haha! Anyone having this issue please check your RAM to avoid looking like a complete and utter idiot! Thanks for the replies guys i much appreciate it

Reactions: rgd1101
Solution