Question All games are crashing after 5 to 30 mins of playing ?

Jun 20, 2022
Hello,
My crashing problems started a few days ago all of the sudden, I know it was definitely when I tried to update my GPU with a new driver that is when some kind of error occurred in GeForce experience (7.zip error) so I just went to Nvidia site and downloaded the latest driver and installed it.

Pretty much the only game I am playing is a warzone and even that not that much, the main thing I do on my pc is video editing in after effects and premiere pro, graphic design in photoshop and illustrator, and some modeling in blender (it still works fine there no crashes at all during render in these programs)

So that night I started warzone and after maybe 8-10 mins maybe even less first error that appeared it was dev error 6068, DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error, I searched it on the internet and saw many people had the issue, and some of the fixes were, try to reinstall DirectX, try to change from 12 to 11, try to reinstall drivers, and similar stuff, however, nothing helpt, I was like okay let's try MW campaign to see if it will happen (I was sure it would as it is the same game) and yeah it did happen but after 30 mins maybe, after that, I was like okay let's narrow the list and see if it is MW problem related only, and I downloaded RDR2 and that one crashed after 15 mins of playing (crash error name was: err gfx state and upon check it is also related to outdated/corrupted drivers), that was enough to me that I don't have to test anything else and that every newer or more hardware demanding game will cause the same error, when it comes to temps I think they are fine, cpu is 68-72 while gaming, and gpu is 60-65, also important thing is that my pc doesn't crash like it turns off or freeze, only game crash I get the error I click okay and I can use my pc wihtout problems without restarting or it shuting down itself. I will list my specs and all the stuff I tried to fix it:

SPECS:
GPU - ROG Strix 3070ti 8GB
CPU - Ryzen 9 5900x
RAM - 64GB
Motherboard: X570 Aorus pro
PSU: EVGA supernova 750 G3

note that I have had this pc for almost a year now and the game or program never crashed during playing or render, nor has it had any problem so far

What I tried so far to do:

-Reinstalling game
-Scan and repair
-Changing from DirectX12 to 11 (in COD only)
-Used DDU to reinstall all drivers in safe mode, and after that, I downloaded the older driver (one that worked fine) and did the process again for the new driver (both showed the same problem)
-I also tried stress-test and pc was working fine temps were fine, no problem at all
-I never clocked my GPU or CPU since I am not experienced with it and doesn't have knowledge about that I didn't want to play around with it especially as I didn't need it since I always had stable frames in gaming
-There was also an windows update which I did, but that didn't help too
-When I tried to reinstall DirectX windows determined that it doesn't need reinstallation as it is fine

Normally, failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
I do not see that here.
Go to the EVGA support site, the answer may be there.
Here is one post:
https://forums.evga.com/Complete-Crashing-issue-m3169813.aspx

One suggestion is to use separate psu cables for each connection.

3000 series graphics cards can have occasional power spikes or can send signals that the psu can not handle. Replacement cables for that issue is a fix.

Your gpu is a highly factory overclocked version.
Perhaps reducing the OC would fix things.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022
Thanks for your answer!
I was thinking that maybe PSU could be a problem but at the same time I don't think as my pc isn't shutting down just getting some errors and when I search error name it always implies that it is GPU-related like outdated drives or corrupted ones, also when I was doing stress-test it also didn't shut down even tho both cpu and gup were at 100% for a few mins
I will probably try to reduce core clock and memory clock as it is currently in the afterburner set on 0 so maybe reducing it to -200/-250 could help a bit, also In the Event viewer I saw that for RDR2 when the crash happens it is event id 1000 which when I search it is said that it is due to some missing files so maybe that could be a problem actually but I guess I can't find out until I reinstall my system

Jun 20, 2022
Normally, failure after a time smacks of a heat issue.
I do not see that here.
Go to the EVGA support site, the answer may be there.
Here is one post:
https://forums.evga.com/Complete-Crashing-issue-m3169813.aspx

One suggestion is to use separate psu cables for each connection.

3000 series graphics cards can have occasional power spikes or can send signals that the psu can not handle. Replacement cables for that issue is a fix.

Your gpu is a highly factory overclocked version.
Perhaps reducing the OC would fix things.

Also quick update here I tried with PSU but still the same, also I tried to reduce OC but again the same thing, besides that I updated CPU drivers and bios but still, I have the same problem, I also did another 3D bench test it was doing a test for about 5 mins and completed it successfully, GPU on 95-99% usage didn't go over 65c and max CPU spike was 74, so It seems to me like components are working just fine but something is on the way when it comes to gaming

Your PSU has a 10 year warranty.
I would contact EVGA about your symptoms.
In some cases the issue is resolved by replacing the modular cables.
The situation, as I understand it is that on occasion 3000 series cards will send a valid return signal via the power cables that the psu can not handle.