[SOLVED] All my memory is being randomly used..?

Jan 29, 2020
This is a problem that I've been having for a while. My RAM usage is almost always at the 85-95% mark. I have 16gigs of DDR4 RAM. According to me, this does not seem right, so I was looking at all the processes showing up in Task Manager and the total RAM utilization wasn't even close to the ~14GB that is being shown as "In use". This is what Task Manager shows me ( View: https://imgur.com/a/yuhy3fS
)

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Whats does Task Manager say under performance? It should show what's allocated where eg if you have a CPU with inbuilt graphics then some of the ram, usually only a couple of gb, will be allocated. Or you could have a ram disk for some reason.
Or you might not have a 16gb ram kit and only 1 stick is working.

Jan 29, 2020
Whats does Task Manager say under performance? It should show what's allocated where eg if you have a CPU with inbuilt graphics then some of the ram, usually only a couple of gb, will be allocated. Or you could have a ram disk for some reason.
Or you might not have a 16gb ram kit and only 1 stick is working.
The task manager shows all 16gigs so I don't think that's the problem :/

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
What does it show per -
The Memory Composition Graph is not time-based, but instead a multi-section graph, some parts of which you may not always see:
  • In use — memory in use by "processes, drivers, or the operating system."
  • Modified — memory "whose contents must be written to disk before it can be used for another purpose."
  • Standby — memory in memory that contains "cached data and code that is not actively in use."
  • Free — memory that "is not currently in use, and that will be repurposed first when processes, drivers, or the operating system need more memory."

Jan 29, 2020
What does it show per -
The Memory Composition Graph is not time-based, but instead a multi-section graph, some parts of which you may not always see:
  • In use — memory in use by "processes, drivers, or the operating system."
  • Modified — memory "whose contents must be written to disk before it can be used for another purpose."
  • Standby — memory in memory that contains "cached data and code that is not actively in use."
  • Free — memory that "is not currently in use, and that will be repurposed first when processes, drivers, or the operating system need more memory."
I'm not too tech savvy and am not exactly sure whether that's a statement or you're asking me to send you some more information to help diagnose the problem. Is there anything I should be doing to try and solve this problem?