Question All my mouse buttons (including M4 and M5) stop working a few seconds after starting up my computer

Oct 27, 2020
Yesterday, all my mouse buttons randomly stopped working out of nowhere. My cursor moves normally and everything else like my keyboard works normally. Anyone got a fix for this? So far without success I've tried to:
-Reinstall drivers
-Try to clean boot (at least I think I did it right?)
-Uninstalled Geforce experience(thought it could be the programs that startup as soon as my mouse stops working)
-Changed USB ports and rebooted it several times trying different things

Also I know for a fact that it isn't my mouse or any random hardware, since it works normally for a few secs after restart.

My mouse actually started working normally after I tried restarting my computer but couldn't due to programs being open and accidentally pressed something. Went back to being broken after I went to sleep and started it up in the morning. If I turn off and on the mouse the buttons work for about 1-2 secs before going back to not working.

This is really weird and I've never had this issue.
What could cause this?

I saw someone posted on this issue already but they had a backup to go to which I don't think I have (unless windows does it automatically).

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
I have a Logitech keyboard, the software for them is either Logitech Gaming software or G Hub (2nd one replaces 1st in most cases, depends on age of hardware). I don't think it loads until windows has logged in, as my rgb keys are always at default until it starts after logon. I think Windows uses default drivers until you logon.

If he had a razer mouse i would blame synapse though.

It sounds like the drivers for the mouse are corrupted

try running this and see if it finds anything
right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth and press enter
SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

Oct 27, 2020
I tried the SFC /scannow command and the Repair-Windowsimage one copy/pasted. Nothing seems to have worked. It said I had some corrupt files though so I guess that helped a bit. (Thanks <3) It fixed all of the corrupt files. Got anymore ideas on what could help? I don't think it has anything to do with the motherboard or specs since it works normally on my pc for about a minute after restart and then the clicks completely stop. Also another person had this same exact issue and fixed it with a backup (that I don't think I have)

TRENDING THREADS