All New HTC One: All the Hardware Rumors So Far

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundervore

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
I for one am happy to see HTC decide to include the MicroSD card slot on the flagship device. It was the only reason i went for the midrange OneVX model rather than the One flagship model last year. I may go for this model next year if i can turn off Sense 6, Sense 4+ was great but after trying out Sense 5 i was very annoyed about having a clock in my app drawer and the fact that the apps scroll up and down instead of left to right.

UVB076

Honorable
Mar 26, 2012
I for one am happy to see HTC decide to include the MicroSD card slot on the flagship device. It was the only reason i went for the midrange OneVX model rather than the One flagship model last year. I may go for this model next year if i can turn off Sense 6, Sense 4+ was great but after trying out Sense 5 i was very annoyed about having a clock in my app drawer and the fact that the apps scroll up and down instead of left to right.
Just run a custom ROM.

bigstonebang

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2013
Quote:"Rumors and benchmarks suggest we're going to get 2 GB of RAM in the new HTC One. Though that might have seemed like lots at one time, it's slowly becoming the norm for smartphones. Less than two years ago, the Galaxy S III had 1 GB of RAM, and that was considered a high-end device. Now, 1 GB or 1.5 GB seems to be reserved for 'mini' versions of flagship phones. For the record, the 2013 HTC One also had 2 GB of RAM."This is incorrect, the Samsung Galaxy S III had 2GB of RAM, Recent trends point to 3GB in the One if HTC decides to upgrade or 2 GB if they decide its not importantOn the topic of Android Phone RAM usage, 2 GB should be fine unless you are an Android "enthusiast" and by that I mean running desktop class OSes (cuz why not, honestly)

I really hope this "one" does better than the other "one". I have 2 friends with the current "one" and it is a really really nice phone. Personally I am more of a WP/Nokia customer, but if I had to hop on the Android train then the One series would definitely be my first pick.

hotice

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013
bigstonebang...you're right but so is the article. The North American version of the GS3 had 2GB of RAM and a Snapdragon S4 processor. The international version only had 1GB of RAM and an Exynos processor. The Snapdragon was probably due to problems the Exynos has with North American LTE chipsets. I'd rather have the Snapdragon though especially since it was 28nm and had integrated radios. I think the Exynos was 32nm and didn't have integrated radios, both things that would hurt battery life.

alchemy69

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2008
Are these rumours from the same reliable sources as the Galaxy S5 rumours that told us it would be a metal phone with a 5.5" QHD screen and a 20 MP camera?

hp79

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
I bet a lot of people are going to have gap problems and screen/bezel/speakergrill mis-alignment problems with the initial batch. Then after couple months they are going to "quietly brilliant-ly" switch the display and camera sensor to an inferior manufacturer supply. This is from my 11 months experience with their HTC One.

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
I really hope this "one" does better than the other "one". I have 2 friends with the current "one" and it is a really really nice phone. Personally I am more of a WP/Nokia customer, but if I had to hop on the Android train then the One series would definitely be my first pick.
It really is, the first thing that pleases me is the craft and quality put into the phone. Really nice craftsmanship, sort of like the craftsman ship on the corner details on the iPhone 5+. Love em

stephanemark

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
HTC has a nice card to play this year due to the mixed reviews of the Xperia Z2 and Galaxy S5 which disaponted due to similarity with the galaxy s4. I am under no illusions either too it will fail the same general Specs and everything could finally play on autonomy.

Status
Not open for further replies.