All Program list

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

A Niggle!
How can I organise my "All Program List" in alphabetic order.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

hugh wrote:
> A Niggle!
> How can I organise my "All Program List" in alphabetic order.


Right-click on it and select "Sort by Name."

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having
both at once. - RAH
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

It's amazing what options are available when you right click on something!

--

Regards:

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

If you knew half as much as you think you know,
You'd realize you didn't know what you thought you knew!



"hugh" <hugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E4512ACD-C6A2-4EAD-ADB6-11B3BC60F800@microsoft.com...
>A Niggle!
> How can I organise my "All Program List" in alphabetic order.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Right-click anything inside the All Programs menu and select Sort by Name.

"hugh" wrote:

> A Niggle!
> How can I organise my "All Program List" in alphabetic order.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Click on the Start button and the click All programs. Right click the top
most application, i.e, accessories or whatever your top most one is. When
you right click on it a drop down menu will open. Click the 'sort by name'
option.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
http://freespace.virgin.net/john.freelanceit/index.htm
"hugh" <hugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E4512ACD-C6A2-4EAD-ADB6-11B3BC60F800@microsoft.com...
>A Niggle!
> How can I organise my "All Program List" in alphabetic order.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

John Barnett MVP wrote:
> Click on the Start button and the click All programs. Right click the top
> most application, i.e, accessories or whatever your top most one is. When
> you right click on it a drop down menu will open. Click the 'sort by name'
> option.
>


The sort sorts those program names in folders with other items in them
first, and then those programs that stand alone. How do you sort the
entire list so that it is alphabeta?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:05:25 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

> The sort sorts those program names in folders with other items in them
> first, and then those programs that stand alone. How do you sort the
> entire list so that it is alphabeta?

Harry, that's as close as it gets to being alphabetical.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Sharon F wrote:
> On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 12:05:25 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:
>
>
>>The sort sorts those program names in folders with other items in them
>>first, and then those programs that stand alone. How do you sort the
>>entire list so that it is alphabeta?
>
>
> Harry, that's as close as it gets to being alphabetical.
>

Indeed...that's my point. You cannot really create an alpha-beta list of
programs in that manner. A minor, minor annoyance, that's all.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

On Sun, 12 Dec 2004 21:41:05 -0500, Harry Krause wrote:

> Indeed...that's my point. You cannot really create an alpha-beta list of
> programs in that manner. A minor, minor annoyance, that's all.

I hear you but Windows has done this for so long that I forget to be
annoyed. :) The Start Menu is just a graphical representation of existing
folders and shortcuts. It is following the same conventions that is seen in
My Computer or Windows Explorer.

Workaround: You could drag and drop everything into the order that you want
but that can be tedious.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User