All videoplayback Choppy on GTX 970

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013
About 4 months ago while watching netflix I noticed the video looks choppy, similar like when you play a video game without the Vsync on, when there are rapid movements you can actually see the lines, I did some fixes on the chrome (and also tested netflix in firefox and opera and the problem still persist). Recently I ran some tests and it turns out all videoplayback looks choppy. I use media player classic and previously I used VLC, but i changed because i thought the video codecs could be the problem.

I use dual screens, a benq gw2455 (connected with DVI) monitor and a 32" sony TV (connected with HDMI), both at 1080 and 60hz.

In the videogames the gameplay is really smooth and i've not had any problems, I even ran Advanced warfare and overwatch and the gameplay was smooth with more than 60-110 fps on high. I always play with Vsync off, so I am used to seeing those lines in the gameplay. I cleaned the dust in my case and made a clean installation of windows 7, and the video playback it's still choppy.

I've been monitoring my max temps and my mobo: 49º, CPU: 59º, GPU: 67º. As fas as I know less than 80º it's acceptable, specially wher I live, it's really hot. My fans are also running at the correct RPM, case fans and gpu fans.

I already updated my gpu drivers.

I don't know what might be the problem, i believe it's the cpu or gpu starting to fail (because they are kind of old and I use my pc daily) or I don't know if it might be the HDMI cable.

My specs are:
Mobo: Gigabyte B75M-DV3
CPU: Intel Core i5 3450
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb
GPU: MSI GTX 970
OUTPUT: Benq gw2455 (connected with DVI) monitor and a 32" sony TV (connected with HDMI), both @ 1080 and 60hz.
DATA: Adata SSD, 1tb wd, 500gb hitachi.
CASE: Cooler Master HAF 912 (with full fans)
COOLER: Hyper 212 Led (the fan runs at 1200 rpm)
INPUT: Logitech g502 spectrum & Ozone Strike Pro
PSU: Corsair CX650m

Edit: Also i have disabled the Hardware accelaration in the google chrome. And in general my whole system feels sloppy and i don't have malware as i mention before i just made a clean w7 install.

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013

Yes i have, thanks for remind it me. I'll update the description of the problem.

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013

As you mention I'm using 385.xx as fas as I know the drover updates just bring improvements to new games, and I'm playing overwatch and shantae risky revenge. Also I mentioned that my whole system feels sloppy, could it be some problems with the CPU? it's from 2012 so it's 5 years old.

Your processor is still quite capable even by today standard. My 2500K is one generation behind that yours even running at stock clock i never feel my pc being slow or sluggish. Try disabling backround process for software you did not actively use. Some software routinely check for updates upon start up you can disable those to free more resource.

About the video being choppy maybe you want to see nvidia forum to see if there is people with similar issue.

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2013

I am aware of the background process that run in my machin. I am always checking on the windows task manager. Nothing out of the ordinary. Also I've used different malware and spyware programs previosly, before doing the clean windows installation. All my machine runs is the avast, chrome and some games.