News Alleged Intel Core i9-14900KS photo raises hopes of impending launch - but the image has inconsistencies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know anyone hoping for this one to come along.
How many people do you know?! Just for reference...
I bet there are many people that didn't get the K version and are waiting for the ks for the better clocks and better power/thermals.
My hope is they never see daylight!
Why?! Is AMD cutting your bonus for every ks sold or something? Why would anybody care if they get released or not other than those that want to buy it.
What a waste of silicon.
Since these are binned and not made separately there is no waste going on.

Reactions: cyrusfox
How many people do you know?! Just for reference...
I bet there are many people that didn't get the K version and are waiting for the ks for the better clocks and better power/thermals.

Why?! Is AMD cutting your bonus for every ks sold or something? Why would anybody care if they get released or not other than those that want to buy it.

Since these are binned and not made separately there is no waste going on.
Ah, @TerryLaze , it was a joke. You remember those, don't you? A joke.....

But seeing as your are kinda trolling Intel threads, and being an obvious fan, I'd ask what is the redeeming quality of a ks? That it boosts 200mhz to 6.2ghz or maybe the extra 100-120$ premium or the very efficient 359w power draw at full loads.?

Suggesting that people who didn't buy a k processer would want to upgrade to this power hog, is a bit fanciful. How many people do you think that is in terms of total sales? I see in most sites in the USA and Europe, that AMD CPU's outsell 14th Gen Intel. Do you think the ks will change that? Na, probably not.

Please don't make this thread something personal. Your questions about how many people I know, or how much AMD are or are not paying me ( they don't BTW), is a bit borderline. So chill. If you have something positive to say about this ks variant other than higher binning, well, that would be welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Order 66 and Ogotai
How many people do you think that is in terms of total sales?
Enough for intel to keep doing it, for how many generations now? And before that siliconlottery was doing it profitably for years as well.
I see in most sites in the USA and Europe, that AMD CPU's outsell 14th Gen Intel.
AMD is at around 20% market share, it doesn't matter how many shops you find that sell more amd cpus that intel cpus.
https://www.tomshardware.com/pc-com...s-market-share-in-laptops-pcs-and-server-cpus
bk7g83ivuR9UNCPKG9wECg-1200-80.png.webp

Reactions: Order 66
Status
Not open for further replies.