[SOLVED] Almost 200FPS difference with same GPU

Jul 10, 2021
Hey so I renectly got a new PC with a Nvidea Geforce RTX 3090 and I have in many games different FPS as people online.
And today I saw, that I have in a game almost a 200FPS difference. I got arround 80 sometimes drops under 60. The guy online got every time over 250FPS in 4K i have HD.

My specs are:
i9 10700K
64 GB Ram (3000)
RTX 3090
Game is installed on a SSD

Has anyone a idea why this could be?

My GPU is not to hot (65°c)
I have newest driver and I updated the BIOS.

And I really dont want to overclock my GPU or CPU and I think even if the guy in the video has his gear overclockt this is still a really big gap in FPS.

Solution
Hey so I renectly got a new PC with a Nvidea Geforce RTX 3090 and I have in many games different FPS as people online.
And today I saw, that I have in a game almost a 200FPS difference. I got arround 80 sometimes drops under 60. The guy online got every time over 250FPS in 4K i have HD.

My specs are:
i9 10700K
64 GB Ram (3000)
RTX 3090

And I really dont want to overclock my GPU or CPU and I think even if the guy in the video has his gear overclockt this is still a really big gap in FPS.
Who is the guy online? Post a link to the video. What game?
250FPS in 4K is not something you would see...
Jul 10, 2021
Either the video is wrong, you are doing something different, or your card is not a 3090.
Check if he's quality is on low with DLSS or something.
Hey thanks for the answer.
I watched more than one benchmark and there are all up in this area with this GPU.
And I am 100% sure this is a 3090 I got it from a official Hardware store herer where I live.

And I really dont know what I could do differnt because all videos I watcht are up in this high FPS area :(.
But thanks for the answer and your ideas :)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

My specs are:
i9 10700K
64 GB Ram (3000)
RTX 3090

250FPS in 4K is not something you would see with any video card in most games.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q5WupRNwAA

Solution
Jul 10, 2021
250FPS in 4K is not something you would see with any video card in most games.

It´s Elder scrolls online. At minute 5:55 - 6:02 the FPS gets almost over 300 in 2K when he is only walking arround. I get by walking arround in the same area arround 80 ind town it drops sometimes und 60
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKo3WxghbRE

Here is another video from a different guy with a 3070 where he is walking arround in 2K and its over 150FPS
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAXWgywkBuE

Jul 10, 2021
Have you tried DDU? To get rid of old driver remnants. https://www.wagnardsoft.com
Do you have chipset drivers installed? Should be available on motherboards homepage (Support->Drivers), probably on Intels webpage too.

Thanks for the links I will try all this. But because you recommend to me to install the chipset driver. I have installed the Dragon Center from MSI which controlls the GPU and all of its fans. Could it possible be, that this is a problem?

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Thanks for the links I will try all this. But because you recommend to me to install the chipset driver. I have installed the Dragon Center from MSI which controlls the GPU and all of its fans. Could it possible be, that this is a problem?
I wouldn't know, I never install any utilities that come from motherboard manufacturers. They tend to be subpar and in some cases, a security risk (Asus).
If you want to control GPU, get MSI Afterburner. It works on every card, no matter what brand or make, tried and tested.
Chipset drivers are required. Doesn't matter what else you have installed.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
It could be. Dragon center is hot garbage. Uninstall ASAP
I think their nothing wrong but the user.
His words
The guy online got every time over 250FPS in 4K i have HD.

But yet he links in 1440p with a user that has no clue what draw distance or field of view I forget it was so poorly done !

Then you can add in game updates or using a different driver version UGH

johnsoner13

Respectable
I think their nothing wrong but the user.
His words
The guy online got every time over 250FPS in 4K i have HD.

But yet he links in 1440p with a user that has no clue what draw distance or field of view I forget it was so poorly done !

Then you can add in game updates or using a different driver version UGH
Either way. Any system with dragon center on it should remove it ASAP