Alphacool Eisbaer 360 CPU Cooler Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrakazog

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
I can understand why you might not have a Predator 360 for comparison, as the Predator line was discontinued. I do find my self wondering about not using a Fractal Design S36, as it is still readily available. I am very appreciative of the review for a 360 AIO, as I plan on using one in my new build. I would have liked it compared to other 360 AIO's though.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK

RomeoReject

Reputable
Jan 4, 2015
I know it's a bit late to ask now, but in the future, is it possible to see how expandable AiOs perform with a GPU block added in? Because that does seem to be a big part of them being expandable. Otherwise one would be better served just using a "normal" AiO.

I agree ... there is a Swiftech 320 X2 as well as am EK Predator w/ 3 x 120mm so I agree with the above poster that the review would be more useful with an apples to apples comparison. But I have to make the same comment that we make on every water review here at THG ... why is there no mention of he radiator material ?

Form the site

Alphacool relies on a radiator made of full copper. The base of the radiator is the popular Alphacool NexXxoS series, which is extremely popular worldwide. The pure copper construction enormously increases the cooling performance compared to the conventional aluminum radiators of classic AIOs."

The statement that "Informed buyers should choose between Alphacool’s big radiator or its competitor’s larger pumps based upon the requirements of other components they may wish to add later. " is misleading.

Buyers **do not** have to make that choice because both the Predator and the Swiftech offer the same size radiator with pumps that are capable of delivering more approrpiate flow rates and pressures.

Status
Not open for further replies.