Question Alternative to Coolermaster Hyper 212 - - Or even just a better fan

ThundyUK

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Hi my very learned and valued PC experts :)

Some time ago I bought a Coolermaster Hyper 212 , the LED version for an LGA 1155 . It's working still, but making a racket - it's on a PC I use for a server so value the need for quiet since it's on 24/7 in a room where people sleep.

I'm looking for either a super quiet alternative, or even just a swap on the fan. Either is fine, but I'll take the best recommendation. If changing the whole kit and caboodle is the best option that's fine. Budget wise, anything really, as long as it's not crazy money. It really is just a gaming server for things like Terraria , 7 Days to Die, and Avorion.

I'm hoping you can help - the 212 only JUST fits height wise so any replacement cannot be taller. It's almost touching the case side lol :)

Silence is golden :)

Any thoughts and ideas on a replacement I would be genuinely appreciative.
Thanks

Although you could replace the cooler if it actually cools fine then likely new fan. Pretty much any 120 fan will work just make sure it is a pressure fan rather than a flow fan. There are charts that show the noise levels and the airflow for various models.
Way too many to even start to suggest especially if you want led ones.

It might also help to put 2 fans on one in push and one in pull you might be able to lower the RPM more to make it quieter. Just depends if there is room to fit 2.

Reactions: ThundyUK

ThundyUK

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Thanks very much for replying :) It cools fine really, it's just making a lot of noise. The fan RPM even under load is very low as the CPU isn't a power hog. I think 2 would be a stretch as it's tight on one side.

LEDs - I don't need them it was just an impulse buy lol :) Anything functional really - just quiet!

You are going to have to dig around and see if you can find reviews. Noctua tends to always win, not sure if that is because they "sponsor" some reviews, but they are near the top all the time but also cost the most.

You see be-quiet and arctic brands also when noise is huge factor. They have so many variations of their fans and they constantly release new ones so I have no idea exactly which ones are best.

ThundyUK

Reputable
Nov 23, 2019
Thanks all.

I just found I have an un-opened Arctic F12 I had left over from a build in my box of bits. Never used.
Think it'd be ok over the P12 since I already have it?