kuski

Commendable
Aug 21, 2017
Hello! I have quite unique problem. My brother needs am3 cooler for his fx6300, but he does not have any kind of backplate or bracket on the motherboard. And it would be impossible to install new one, because the rear of the case can't be accessed. It is very old metal case and trust me, it can't be opened from behind. So I would love easy fix like cpu cooler that does not require any kind of backplate. Is there any cheap cooler that could be installed with similar mechanic to intel stock cooler, or something like that? Does not need to be anything fancy. Thx

Lutfij

Titan
So long as you have the retention mechanism for the AM3+ socket, you can work with any retention style(not clip-on) CPU cooler like the Be Quiet! Pure Rock. Mind you, your case might impede the installation of certain tower coolers due to height restrictions.

Mind sharing the make and model of your prebuilt? It seems like it's a prebuilt system. Otherwise you can mention the make and model of the case.

kuski

Commendable
Aug 21, 2017
I wonder if I should just take the mobo out and replace the cooler with something that comes with a backplate? Any suggestions under 30 dollars?