Amazon Granted Gadget-Airbag Patent

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gadget airbags aahhahahahaa thats hillarious I wish it becomes a reality

CrArC

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
I can only see this going wrong. Who else pictures knocking their phone off the table only for it to beep in alarm and rocket away from the floor, crashing through a nearby window and embedding itself in a tree outside?

Then, PUFF - the airbags deploy.

G

not parachutes, something better: air streams with rounded corners!

G

auto airbags cost hundreds of $$s to replace. wonder how much it will cost to replace the airbag or compressed gas cartridge in this device

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
It wouldn't surprise me stromo if you could simply push these back in. Now the air cartridges are another thing since well obviously they won't be your normal ones. Which in of itself will probably make them a tad pricey if they're even replaceable in the first place.

darknexus

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2010
I suppose I'll have to stop throwing my phone from my doorway onto my bed as I'm getting ready to hit the sack. I guess it probably is a bad practice...

oldboy2508

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Be ready to pay $$$$. This will not come cheap if it is to be effective. And I not talking about any replacement gas cartridge either.

sun-devil99

Honorable
Jul 17, 2012
[citation][nom]JacekRing[/nom]Also a phone falling from table height to the floor, drops in what? 1 seconds max? That means your phone would need to constantly be monitoring your gyrosensor and camera, a couple thousand checks per second to catch it soon enough to prevent damage. What will that do to your battery???[/citation]

Good point abut the battery...they'll introduce a large capacity battery which when combined with the 'air bag' system will make your phone the size of a brick (like those from the late 90's) good luck fitting that in your pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.