Amazon Investigating Ad-Supported Video Streaming Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzzrattie

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2012
If they are going to be like Hulu plus and make paying customers watch adds, I think that is bad business. I understand ads only pay for so much, but when you force your customers to watch something that originally didn't have ads, I see a lot of Prime memberships being cancelled.

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
i don't use prime video much, because i'm lucky enough to be able to afford Netflix's crazy low $9 a month. As long as it stays ad free, this won't affect a lot of people.

I do hope prime video stays ad free. What they could do is offer $1 credits for various stuff (books, movies, movies more than anything, screw books.), if your willing to watch ads.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
Amazon is making a lot of bad decisions lately. Their "month long black friday" sale is a joke. I've found several items that they increased the "list price" on, just to claim the regular price as a sale price. They jacked up the Prime membership fee by $20 in the US. This is just a stupid idea....

How about letting me ditch the garbage Prime video and other media services and decrease my Prime fees. All I want or need it for is the 2 day shipping.

The movie selection is horrible as with TV shows. The paid section is pointless. If I'm going to pay for a movie I want it on blu-ray or at least DVD. Not some low bitrate streamed service full of artifacts that always loses the stream part way in.

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
Unfortunately Amazon Prime isn't a "smart" option on my LG Blue Ray player. I do pay the $99 to get access for my wife's Kindle and the free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.