Amazon Looks for Developers For Kindle Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman3k

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]lightsaber[/nom]Now if it can support Flash the i-maxipad is in trouble!!![/citation]Who cares about that useless tablet? When did that tablet from Apple suddenly became the measuring stick for tablets?

Tablet PCs have been out for a long time. Keyboardless tablets have been out for a long time too.

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]Who cares about that useless tablet? When did that tablet from Apple suddenly became the measuring stick for tablets?Tablet PCs have been out for a long time. Keyboardless tablets have been out for a long time too.[/citation]

true... but most of the tablet PC are/were >$1000 (actually most of them are/were >$1500 if not 2000). This is the first time tablet PC gets into the

pharge

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2009
ugh... not sure why... my post was truncated.. >_<

anyway... continue my previous post:

This is the first time that tablet PC gets into the sub $500 department (even it is underpowered and/or functionally limited).
This is a little like the notebook vs netbook story.
personally I am kind of person who put perfermance and functionality before the price. However I have to admit that there is a reason why the underpowered netbooks were sold so well these couple years.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
This is for reading hours on end no need to try to focus much on web browsing because ultimately it will still be lacking due to the e-ink screen.

zoemayne

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2009
This is for reading hours on end no need to try to focus much on web browsing because ultimately it will still be lacking due to the colorless* e-ink screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.