Amazon May Have Leaked Diablo 3 Date Too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave Fusion

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
Whoops!
Well I'm sure no one wants to conceal release day out of spite.
It's just bad PR when something breaks and things get pushed back (again?)

I'm new to the series, personally, but it should be interesting.
Maybe not my cuppa tea, but Blizzard does keep things 'interesting'.

SaucyRMD

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
If you look at the release dates on blizzards titles, they used to CHURN them out. I fully empathyze with their business plan of milking WoW for basically all its worth until releasing Diablo. I hope their greed has not turned into a poorly made game, one of my more anticipated titles in the last 10 years.

1 million people have unsubscribed from WoW, we want your other franchises to blossom again.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]SaucyRMD[/nom]I fully empathyze with their business plan of milking WoW for basically all its worth until releasing Diablo. [/citation]
What do you mean by "until releasing Diablo"? They won't abandon WoW the Cach Cow for years to come.

Even "Titan" upcoming MMO project (Diablo III is not MMO mind you) is NOT expected to replace WoW.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
they'll milk wow as long as people are stupid enough to throw mind into the wind at them monthly to play that garbage blizzard isn't the company it once was and that all change as a result of wow they are nothing but another EA now too big and greedy

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
[citation][nom]knowom[/nom]they'll milk wow as long as people are stupid enough to throw mind into the wind at them monthly to play that garbage blizzard isn't the company it once was and that all change as a result of wow they are nothing but another EA now too big and greedy[/citation]

knowom ... they are not EA.... Blizzard still releases quality products...
and how are they like EA? i think for a game like WOW a monthy fee is okay

G

I think there are a lot of WoWheads who were loyal Diablo and D2 fans. Myself, for instance. There has to be a large segment of the WoW subscribers who will be jumping ship to D3, and I think Blizzard is considering that. I think Knowom has a a valid point there.

G

Please don't compare EA to Blizz. EA can't even make a proper racing game anymore.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
There are three gaming companies I readily hand my money to without any qualms about whether I'll get my money's worth out of them. They have always produced titles well worth the money spent.

Those three are Blizzard, Bungie and Bioware... (Hmm maybe its the 'B' thing, any other companies that start with a B?).

The thing that makes these companies special is they don't ship their products until they know they're ready to ship!

First impressions are everything in the gaming community, ship a bad product out of the gate and no amount of patching is going to undo the damage to the title... Just look at Duke Nukem Forever, probably one of the highest potential earning franchises in the last 10 years, and it crashed and burned because it wasn't ready.

If either of these companies pushes out a release date, its not because they want to (you don't make money by not shipping your product), its because they know how devastating an unfinished product can be to not only the franchise, but also their name as a quality developer.

Here's to the 3 B's, may they continue to produce quality titles and push back launch dates for decades to come!

I have high hopes for Bungie in particular in the future now that they have left the shadow of MS and are free to create something outside of the Halo world, I expect much from them in the future.

Bioware seems to immune to EA's influence at the moment, maybe because of the name they've made for themselves, I can only hope EA continues their hands-off attitude towards them.

All I can say is, Blizzard take your time, do it right the first time, like you always have in the past!

supall

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]invlem[/nom]There are three gaming companies I readily hand my money to without any qualms about whether I'll get my money's worth out of them. They have always produced titles well worth the money spent.Those three are Blizzard, Bungie and Bioware... (Hmm maybe its the 'B' thing, any other companies that start with a B?).[/citation]

What about Bethedsa

jaber2

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
I was on the 1st 100K invites that went out a month or so, as soon as I got used to the game play style they changed it completely, now you can't use the weapon you have equipped anymore you have to use a spell, the game as I see it to level 13 isn't ready for a long time, if they do plan on release in two months they better have fixed many issues, only friends and family can play beyond lvl 13 so only they can tell blizz if its playable, so far it isn't to lvl 13.

I also play WoW, have made the one year commitment to get free D3 and PoM beta guarantee, by mid to late March they will increase the nerf to 15% so more players can finish the heroic and normal versions, not much longer they will do PoM invites, if I was a guessing man I would think they will be not far apart, the D3 and PoM will likely be close together, I will be playing both and I know all my friends will keep on playing WoW at same time, no WoW killer here.

pacioli

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
[citation][nom]theuniquegamer[/nom]Finally after a long waiting it has got a release date.I hope it won't be like the DNF did after a long waiting.[/citation]
Blizzard doesn't make crap like DNF. If it isn't excellent they won't release it at all.

Yeah, I agree with Jaber2...
I've been playing the beta and it honestly doesn't matter what weapon you use because you don't really use it. Your spells\skills are so much more powerful and will end up being what you use 99% of the time. (At least in the Beta). So weapon type is, I dunno.. pointless I guess..

Also, maybe it's because I've played through act 1 about 9 or 10 times but it seems crazy short. Maybe what we are allowed to play is a shortened version of act 1 just for the Beta and the full version will be longer? (I hope). I think Diablo 2 act 1 is much larger (and longer).

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]I was on the 1st 100K invites that went out a month or so, as soon as I got used to the game play style they changed it completely, now you can't use the weapon you have equipped anymore you have to use a spell, the game as I see it to level 13 isn't ready for a long time, if they do plan on release in two months they better have fixed many issues, only friends and family can play beyond lvl 13 so only they can tell blizz if its playable, so far it isn't to lvl 13.I also play WoW, have made the one year commitment to get free D3 and PoM beta guarantee, by mid to late March they will increase the nerf to 15% so more players can finish the heroic and normal versions, not much longer they will do PoM invites, if I was a guessing man I would think they will be not far apart, the D3 and PoM will likely be close together, I will be playing both and I know all my friends will keep on playing WoW at same time, no WoW killer here.[/citation]
[citation][nom]jaber2[/nom]I was on the 1st 100K invites that went out a month or so, as soon as I got used to the game play style they changed it completely, now you can't use the weapon you have equipped anymore you have to use a spell, the game as I see it to level 13 isn't ready for a long time, if they do plan on release in two months they better have fixed many issues, only friends and family can play beyond lvl 13 so only they can tell blizz if its playable, so far it isn't to lvl 13.I also play WoW, have made the one year commitment to get free D3 and PoM beta guarantee, by mid to late March they will increase the nerf to 15% so more players can finish the heroic and normal versions, not much longer they will do PoM invites, if I was a guessing man I would think they will be not far apart, the D3 and PoM will likely be close together, I will be playing both and I know all my friends will keep on playing WoW at same time, no WoW killer here.[/citation]

are you kidding? Ive beta tested the last 3 patches of Diablo 3. The latest patch is by FAR the best, the game is fun and it is almost ready. I love that you say you were the first 100k invites.... How do you know this for one? And, you can't use the weapon you have equipped? I see WoW has hurt gaming as you are a moron ..... If you cannot figure out how to attack with just your weapon be it whatever class please put your helmet back on. Thats like saying in WoW since you play WoW you would rather just auto attack then use skills. Everyone I have come across in person and in game loves it ....sorry you havent figured it out yet. My only complaint would be its so simple ..... Im sorry you lack the mental capacity to attack with weapon.

envymert

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
To Jaber and Darklord ...... you saying you cannot attack with weapon and weapon types dont matter. Its JUST LIKE WOW .... the stats on the weapon be it DPS, STR, +dmg, ice/fire/poison effect are what you use a weapon for. Why do you think in WoW all the people have the same weapon ? It is not that they all love how it looks its the STATS. Again ..in WoW or any game you use skills/spells/Abilities not just a static "white hit" for the vast majority of your damage. Please put your helmets back on and go play WoW more. You two are great examples of the reason I quit WoW years ago, they have dumbed down the game so much that simple logic and thought are no longer needed.

Also you think act one is two quick ....Diablo 3 has a level cap of 60. It takes 1-2 hrs give or take to play through act 1. Act 1 will be the quickest as it wants you to get skills and used to your "hero" 5 acts x 2 hours = 10 hours. If you have ever played a diablo game you would realize that one play through would get you to about lvl 35. So you have to play through again on a harder difficulty. You start on normal and there are 5 different difficulties. Please do some background research or at least brainstorm for a second before you bitch about the game. Im still trying to rationalize as WoW players the whole weapon argument ....apply it to the game you play and see if it holds true.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Any time there's a release date for a game before it's official, it's taken off. Doesn't matter if it says Warcraft 4 will be released in 2020, the same thing will happen. That doesn't give it any more credibility.

jfby

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2010
This has been a long time coming (the game itself). I'm sure this is just an attempt to get people buzzing. My fear is like what happened with Duke Nukem Forever, or GT5, that expectations are going to be too high and the game will suffer for it. It can't be a good game if it had been released 3-5 years ago: it needs to be a good game today. I am waiting for it...

aidynphoenix

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2009
amazon is just random people like you and me.. its like ebay, if one ebay seller said diablo3 was to release on a specific date, its no different than my next door neighbor telling me when its going to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.