Amazon May Have Leaked Diablo 3 Date Too

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nekoangel

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
[citation][nom]pacioli[/nom]Blizzard doesn't make crap like DNF. If it isn't excellent they won't release it at all.[/citation]
Like their Looking For Raid feature that a Community Manager told players that the concerns they had about the loot system would not be a problem and be resolved when they see the product on live realms and after LFR launched the CM admitted that a number of these concerns could not not be addressed at the time and are slated to be resolved in the future. When it comes to WoW, Blizzards iconic phrase "when its ready" does not get held up to as high standards as it used to.

Desertlax

Distinguished
May 23, 2008
[citation][nom]envymert[/nom]To Jaber and Darklord ...... you saying you cannot attack with weapon and weapon types dont matter. Its JUST LIKE WOW .... the stats on the weapon be it DPS, STR, +dmg, ice/fire/poison effect are what you use a weapon for. Why do you think in WoW all the people have the same weapon ? It is not that they all love how it looks its the STATS. Again ..in WoW or any game you use skills/spells/Abilities not just a static "white hit" for the vast majority of your damage. Please put your helmets back on and go play WoW more. You two are great examples of the reason I quit WoW years ago, they have dumbed down the game so much that simple logic and thought are no longer needed. Also you think act one is two quick ....Diablo 3 has a level cap of 60. It takes 1-2 hrs give or take to play through act 1. Act 1 will be the quickest as it wants you to get skills and used to your "hero" 5 acts x 2 hours = 10 hours. If you have ever played a diablo game you would realize that one play through would get you to about lvl 35. So you have to play through again on a harder difficulty. You start on normal and there are 5 different difficulties. Please do some background research or at least brainstorm for a second before you bitch about the game. Im still trying to rationalize as WoW players the whole weapon argument ....apply it to the game you play and see if it holds true.[/citation]

I agree the weapon is still getting used, like you said, it's about what stats are on it, however, it does seem kind of silly that for the wizard for example the best weapons are running around with some random axe or mace, I think what needs to happen is have the weapons that are intended for each class (like wands) have stats that are better suited to that class. Granted that may just be because of the low levels, when often the variability on random rolls is going to be more than the range available to a given stat, hopefully this will take care of itself as progressing can match levels better.

As to the length, I doubt we've even seen all of act I, I could be wrong, but since you can beat the skeleton king by like level 7-8, I'm guessing it's really just the first boss, and we will probably see 2 more before the end of Act I. After all you had a number of mini bosses like the blacksmith and the tree guy (Forget the name) before reaching the final boss (Duriel?) in act I of D2.

Status
Not open for further replies.