Amazon return for gpu

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
So I've recently had to start the return process for a gpu that died which was really annoying as the gtx 1070 I have seems to be oos permanently so amazon could only offer a full refund at £400ish and since gpu prices have skyrocketed recently, I'm currently left without a gpu (and with a broken one I'm about to send back). I'm not really sure if I should buy a new gpu right now due to prices, so I was wondering what is Amazon's return policy on a gpu if it dies and its price drops during the manufacturer warranty, would they refund only the new price, only issue a replacement or refund the price it was purchased for? I'd buy a gpu right now but I don't want it to just drop in price and if it dies for amazon not to issue a refund at the price I purchased it at.

Thanks!

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
Its a zotac founder's edition 1070, I emailed zotac after asking amazon to see if they could repair or replace (only refund available) and they basically told me its not their problem, the distributor (amazon in this case) has to deal with all claims during manufacturer warranty and they only deal with extended warranty claims.

Retailer are the first port of call, but as they cannot replace I think you have an argument to force an rma.

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016
I'll email zotac again since the warranty does say a repair or replacement with a the same or a follow up model to be issued during the manufacturer warranty and nothing about a refund. I did mention that to zotac last time, but they just copied and pasted a response essentially saying to go to amazon and that they won't help with the manufacturer warranty, even though amazon were not able to meet the warranty (although amazon have their own rma policy)

Nov 23, 2018

SO I am very curious about your return graphic card Amazon. How did it work out? Did they only issue a refund or replacement?

I am in same boat now! 2080 Ti FE RMA coil whine. I want a replacement but are scared they only do refund. And prices are more than 130$ higher than I bought..

I asked 2-3 times without they specific answer it?

Lasse

GHL100

Reputable
Jul 28, 2016

Sorry for late reply, don't use this much and got an email. So what happened was that they told me they'd issue a full refund at the price I bought it at in the chat, I requested many times whether they could fix it or send me another but they said they would if they had stock but at that point in time, most 1070s were either out of stock or much over retail price. Ask in live chat with amazon to see if they can sort out a replacement but if its out of stock they probably can only send you the money back.