Question Amber or Red LED blinking on M.2 SSD ?

dddmaniac

Honorable
Mar 13, 2018
Hello,

I've done some modifications to my pc (added some argb and switched cables to new ones). So I booted it and a little after detected that the LED on the 500GB Silicon Power UD90 M.2 SSD was constantly blinking amber, it's continuous and non-stop. it starts from system boot (Windows is installed on this drive). It doesn't turn off even if PC is on Idle and absolutely nothing is happening. Blinking light wasn't there before (pretty sure about that) and I'm starting to be worried about it.

Also I have a 2nd M.2SSD, same model but 2TB, which is not blinking at all, even if under load.
Anyone know what's going on, or how to check if all is ok?

I ran a test of the SSD and it resulted in 0 errors detected. Also the LED starts blinking once Windows starts, when I'm in BIOS Setup it doesn't blink.

Solution
Hi again,

So I reseted the BIOS, nothing happened. This keeps blinking. I have tested the SSD with Silicon Power program and it shows 0 errors. Temperatures are fine. Took off the SSD and nothing neither.

Here are some photos + video of what's going on. photo 1 + photo 2 + video.

On the video I'm booting the system. It makes some flashes, but then starts to blink rhythmically "non stop". It doesn't matter I'm trasferring data or IDLE. It goes blinking the whole time without any change.

Does anyone have a clue? I'm really desperate, didn't find nothing in internet and was searching for hours...

Thanks,

dddmaniac

Honorable
Mar 13, 2018
Hi again,

So I reseted the BIOS, nothing happened. This keeps blinking. I have tested the SSD with Silicon Power program and it shows 0 errors. Temperatures are fine. Took off the SSD and nothing neither.

Here are some photos + video of what's going on. photo 1 + photo 2 + video.

On the video I'm booting the system. It makes some flashes, but then starts to blink rhythmically "non stop". It doesn't matter I'm trasferring data or IDLE. It goes blinking the whole time without any change.

Does anyone have a clue? I'm really desperate, didn't find nothing in internet and was searching for hours...

Thanks,

Solution

dddmaniac

Honorable
Mar 13, 2018
hello

I dont think this drive has an LED to flash, nothing I have read on it says it does, time to check your motherbd manual to see what it is.
yes it has, in the video and photos I made you can see it clearly. Just in case I also checked MB documents + physically and there is no led on this place (MSI Z790 Tomahawk WiFi DDR5). Anyway on the video the red light is coming from th ssd unit and not under it.

I'm in contact with SP customer service and it seems some units (same model) have the led and some don't. This is really weird and ot serious tbh, they are selling product under same name but with different specs... it's sent randomly by their words (check picture of chat).

TRENDING THREADS