AMD 17.2.1 drivers produce corrupted recordings with ReLive

Yernemm

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Here is an example of what I mean (something similar happens to all recordings):
[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Rg7X-optlQ"][/video]

ReLive worked fine before this update, with only a few audio issues every now and then. This happens both with normal recording and with instant replay; and both in fullscreen, borderless window, and windowed modes. Also happens when recording the desktop.

The update was to version 17.2.1

Specs from Speccy:

Code:
    Summary
    		Operating System
    			Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    		CPU
    			AMD FX-6300	
    			Vishera 32nm Technology
		RAM
			16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)
		Motherboard
			Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. GA-78LMT-USB3 (Socket M2)	
		Graphics
			LCD-MONITOR (1280x1024@64Hz)
			S24B150 (1920x1080@60Hz)
			ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics (Gigabyte)
			4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 380 Series (HIS)	
			CrossFire Disabled
		Storage
			931GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 ATA Device (SATA)	
		Optical Drives
			ASUS DRW-24F1ST a ATA Device
		Audio
			USB Multi-Channel Audio Device
    Operating System
	Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
	Computer type: Desktop

Solution
I'm on 17.2.1 as well. I haven't tried ReLive on this build yet, but on previous builds the main problem I had was the hotkey would not work to record a cached video. I had to bring up the toolbar and click on that to get it to save the video.

On this build the only problem I've had so far is getting BSOD when exiting RE7. I really don't know if it's just that game not working well with this driver, or having used reg cleaners now and then. Some say AMD drivers don't handle driver or reg cleaners well, and can get corrupted by them.

It may very well be RE7, as it doesn't always happen when I exit the game, and it's not a very well optimized game. I've tried going in and out of TEW and WD2 with this driver, and get no BSOD. CAPCOM are...
I'm on 17.2.1 as well. I haven't tried ReLive on this build yet, but on previous builds the main problem I had was the hotkey would not work to record a cached video. I had to bring up the toolbar and click on that to get it to save the video.

On this build the only problem I've had so far is getting BSOD when exiting RE7. I really don't know if it's just that game not working well with this driver, or having used reg cleaners now and then. Some say AMD drivers don't handle driver or reg cleaners well, and can get corrupted by them.

It may very well be RE7, as it doesn't always happen when I exit the game, and it's not a very well optimized game. I've tried going in and out of TEW and WD2 with this driver, and get no BSOD. CAPCOM are pretty bad at developing if you ask me.

Then again, AMD are also horrible with software. Lots of people have had trouble with certain features not being usable since Crimson and ReLive drivers came out. Only thing I can say is try saving the vid via the toolbar instead of hotkey if you haven't.

Also try installing the GPU driver by overwriting, and avoid using driver or reg cleaners. I was surprised that after first trying to install this driver via a driver cleaner, it only half installed with no Radeon Settings, which caused really bad artifacts in Mafia 3.

Then I installed 16.10.1 via an overwrite, and later 17.2.1 via an overwrite, and got the features I was missing back, and Mafia 3 ran much better. AMD definitely have messed up software though. I think I'm going back to Nvidia when the 1080 Ti comes out.

Solution
Just wanted to touch back and say the BSOD when exiting RE7 had nothing to do with the GPU driver or using reg/driver cleaners. It's a common problem many are having when using Fullscreen mode in RE7, and solved by switching to Borderless Window mode.

I don't know if just switching to that mode in the Graphics menu works, but I do know editing FullscreenMode to false and WindowMode to Borderless in the config file, as suggested by others having the problem, definitely fixes it.

Yernemm

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017

Yeah my second monitor is connected to my mobo because it doesn't seem to work when connected to my gpu (probably just a broken adapter or port) but that is not causing the problem as far as I know. I've had this monitor for a long time and these problems only started after the latest driver update. Also, it's only recording my main monitor, which is the one connected to the gpu so it shouldn't affect it.