Amd a8 5600k only 1core

Michael Erick

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Need help!

Im having problem with my desktop amd a8 5600k with gigabyte motherboard. When i check on system information, it only shows 1core and also in cpu-z. But when i check it on bios setup, it shows 4cores. I already set the bios settings to default and all drivers are ok.

Solution
I guess all I could suggest is if you can see all 4 cores in the BIOS, double check to make sure they are all enabled. You can determine the BIOS version you currently have by looking in CPU-Z. Then compare that to the latest version available from Gigabyte for YOUR SPECIFIC REVISION of the Motherboard. The revision version of a Gigabyte Motherboard will be printed near the bottom left part of the motherboard (at least that is where mine is printed). It will say Rev. 1.0 or whatever.

If you are sure all 4 cores are enabled and you have the correct BIOS, it could be a defective CPU, although unlikely because they would have tested it at the factory. You could double check for bent pins on the CPU.

HybridWolf

Notable
Apr 18, 2017
1 Core activated or is it just showing 1 Core, but all 3 are still active?

If it's only showing one core activated, then I have no experience in this and won't be able to help.

If the other three are active, then there isn't much to worry about, contact local computer shops, update the bios and so fourth.

Hopefully this answers your question.

- TheHybridWolf

Open up resource monitor from task manager and click on the CPU tab. It should then show CPU 0, CPU 1, etc. and the percent utilization (or if the core is parked at the moment). I am on Windows 8.1, so I am assuming you are on 10 and resource monitor still exists.

Michael Erick

Prominent
May 9, 2017

I think only 1 core is activated, my pc is very slow. I dont know how to activate the other 3 cores. It also shows 1 processor only in msconfig>boot advanced options.

I just found it single core only when I installed 2k17 and when I run the game, it shows single core CPU detected and it does not meet the requirements.

I searched for the bios update in amd site, but I didnt see anything.

By the way, I am using win7 64bit

Michael Erick

Prominent
May 9, 2017

I didint see any CPU 0, CPU 1.... I think other 3 cores are not activated. I am using win7 64 bit

I guess all I could suggest is if you can see all 4 cores in the BIOS, double check to make sure they are all enabled. You can determine the BIOS version you currently have by looking in CPU-Z. Then compare that to the latest version available from Gigabyte for YOUR SPECIFIC REVISION of the Motherboard. The revision version of a Gigabyte Motherboard will be printed near the bottom left part of the motherboard (at least that is where mine is printed). It will say Rev. 1.0 or whatever.

If you are sure all 4 cores are enabled and you have the correct BIOS, it could be a defective CPU, although unlikely because they would have tested it at the factory. You could double check for bent pins on the CPU.

Solution

HybridWolf

Notable
Apr 18, 2017
Unless it's an OEM Built-Machine, it's unlikely that pins would bend, but this could be the case.

Check your CPU Temperatures, high temps may disable cores to improve temperature.

Hopefully this answers your question.

- TheHybridWolf