[SOLVED] AMD A8 boot problems-With Multiple OSs

Aug 13, 2020
Windows 10 Drive-gets to Desktop, completely freezes within 1-3minutes(I could test this more).
Ubuntu Drive-Login screen, after entering password, briefly shows the desktop, then goes back to login screen.
Tails Flash Drive-Selected during startup gives errors show in the picture, begins setup, I select start after selecting english keyboard, time zone & whatever then just goes back to this same setup screen.

The Tails flash drive works on a 2010 MacBook without issue.

I'm thinking Power Supply or Motherboard?
View: https://imgur.com/7te6xjm

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020
Did you look up ACPI? It is the plug'n'play BIOS on your motherboard failing command requests from 3 different operating systems. They all fail at PnP detection. Linux and Windows create files like bootlog.txt on startup which would provide more detail about the exact stoppage point. Both get initial PnP info fron BIOS ESCD then again after enabling drivers. You can disable plug and play bios support in linux but windows won't let you do that any more. Only thing that comes to mind with very limited information you provide. Many have boot problems with boot managers on a single hard drive, however you appear to be trying to boot a dead PC with 3 different USB memory sticks each with a different OS. Perhaps on booting a fourth OS the PC won't be fried?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2020
BioStar Hi-fi A70U3P FM2+ Motherboard
G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB ddr3 sdram
AMD A8-7600 Kaveri Quad core 3.1 Ghz AD7600YBJABOX
Logisys Computer PS480E12 480w ATX 12v Power Supply

Shjacks I don't know a lot about ACPI. Also the Ubuntu and Windows OSs are on Hard Drives, only Tails is on a stick.
I will look up the bootleg.txt file.

Aug 13, 2020
I got a blue screen during startup just now. I went to command prompt and ran sfc. Verification was 100% complete then "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation". Then I tried running chkdsk. Said no problems and "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50".

popatim

Titan
Yes, thats right. You want to know your ram is stable for hours and not 5 minutes, right?

Start it a "couple hours" before going to bed or work or something. Check it in those "couple hours" for any errors. If there are some then you can shut down; no point in keep going if errors are there already.
If no errors go one with what you were going to do and check it again when you wake/get back home...
no errors = it's not ram.

Next up would be to check the disks. There are several boot utility disks that include disk testing utilities, such as the Hiren's & Ultimate boot CD.
For a simple Smart check under windows then I use CrystalDiskInfo & a Bootcd I use Hirens.