AMD Accuses Former Managers of Stealing Secrets for Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
Nvidia has been bribing everyone for a long time, so I'm not surprised. Plus, a bunch of Execs leaving within a month is quite suspicious.

Shin-san

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2006
This is part of business: stealing your competition's best talent. Then again, I feel that it's just a better idea to make something new than to copy someone else's work.

I'm not going to say which company is right here. If nVidia stole, then yes, they are bad guys. If they didn't, then AMD is falsely accusing

merandos

Honorable
Jun 13, 2012
Why would Nvidia do such a stupid obvious thing ? i don't get it, they got their own and a bit better reputation, why would they screw it up ?!! and i don't think that AMD has done something that Nvida can't do so Nvidia stole it ?!! dunno...

G

[citation][nom]boju[/nom]nVadeon[/citation]
GeRadeon sounds better.

[citation][nom]merandos[/nom]Why would Nvidia do such a stupid obvious thing ? i don't get it, they got their own and a bit better reputation, why would they screw it up ?!! and i don't think that AMD has done something that Nvida can't do so Nvidia stole it ?!! dunno...[/citation]
nvidia's good reputation in itself is a funny joke.

xpeh

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011
[citation][nom]derekullo[/nom]Nvidia was trying to steal the secret formula of success that AMD has ... /sarcasm[/citation]

I consider AMD's video cards highly successful.

[citation][nom]merandos[/nom]Why would Nvidia do such a stupid obvious thing ? i don't get it, they got their own and a bit better reputation, why would they screw it up ?!! and i don't think that AMD has done something that Nvida can't do so Nvidia stole it ?!! dunno...[/citation]

You've gotta admit, AMD's new Catalyst drivers are pretty awesome compared to what Nvidia's offering. Maybe they wanted their driver technology. I also read that AMD's whole source code tree was stolen as well.

popatim

Titan
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]this will be interesting. I would expect Nvidia to say, we didn't take anything.[/citation]
Its quite obvious Nvidia didnt do anything. These were employees of AMD after all.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]The chip industry is relatively new. Patents last 50 years. How is it that the technologies of all these mega corps share so much in common? Thievery I say![/citation]

I dare you to copy Intel's Ivy Bridge architecture and contract Global Foundries to build it.

Let's see how you explain your actions.

[citation][nom]popatim[/nom]Its quite obvious Nvidia didnt do anything. These were employees of AMD after all.[/citation]

They could've bribed the employees to leave AMD and join them.

GabZDK

Honorable
Aug 12, 2012
[citation][nom]derekullo[/nom]Nvidia was trying to steal the secret formula of success that AMD has ... /sarcasm[/citation]

Good GPCPU performance??
(I'm not a fanboy for any side, but the truth is, 7000 series GPCPU is impressive)

azgard

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2002
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]I dare you to copy Intel's Ivy Bridge architecture and contract Global Foundries to build it.Let's see how you explain your actions.They could've bribed the employees to leave AMD and join them.[/citation]

You call it bribery they call it signing bonus.

chumly

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2010

Maybe running better at higher resolutions? Especially considering 2k/4k are right at our doorstep.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]chumly[/nom]Maybe running better at higher resolutions? Especially considering 2k/4k are right at our doorstep.[/citation]

There's no such thing as excess information about your competitor's products...

[citation][nom]NightLight[/nom]oh amd, don't do it the apple way...[/citation]

What does the apple way have to do with this?
AMD employees left to Nvidia (which is likely okay) but they stole trade secrets and other IP from AMD and took it with them to Nvidia. The employess have taken something that AMD has not shred with the public.
We do not know yet if Nvidia knows or if they used it
In samsung vs apple, samsung allegeldy took patented stuff and copied it in their products. The Apple IP is out in the public (patent filing) for viewing.

It would be if Samsung bribed an Apple employee to copy all the ideas and data of the Ipad before apple even releases it or makes it. (Ofc this only applies if Nvidia itself is involved)

Status
Not open for further replies.