AMD apu a8 3870k + R7 260x = decent?

iDozerV8

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
*PLEASE READ, OR YOU WONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.*

I had this pentium dual core e2220 for the past 8 years, then 3 years ago I decided to turn it into a casual gaming pc, so I changed the mobo for one with PCIe 16x and ddr3 memos, bought a hd5670 ddr5 1gb, added 4gb ddr3, and overclocked the cpu to its max (around 3,25GHz) all in a bad and shitty generic psu (mymax 600w)

For the past 2 years this setup got any game maxed out at 720p, but then crysis 3 beta came out and it barely ran at low settings, so I made a stupid move, I overclocked even more the cpu and it toasted. Every other component was fine but the cpu was dead.

just now I decided to rebuild a casual game, and a store around my city had this really hot deal (a8 3870k + mobo + 8GB ddr3) ...really really cheap price (I wont say how much cuz I live in a different country so the sense of cheap and expensive is different since the money ppl make and taxes makes huge difference..) anyway... it was the last combo on sale so I ended up buying it without thinking twice, plus I bought a R7 260x 2GB with it...
Now... that was just to help you understand the case... its already bought, I can't change any piece and stick to this pc to the rest of the year. here are my questions and concerns:

1- this cpu consumes 100W, does it means it heats like hell too?
2- will this psu still handle this setup? atleast for a little while so I can save money to a new one.
3- how do you guys think this setup will handle the new upcoming games like Dying light, Watch dogs and The Evil with In?
and last but not least, 4- how much time will I be able to keep this setup without having to upgrading anything?

just for the matter of fact. I only care about 60+ fps at multiplayer games, but then I dont care for graphics settings, every other game on singleplayer I do care for graphics but 30fps its ok...

Setup:
AMD APU a8 3870k, Quad core, 4mb, 3,0GHz
8GB ddr3 1866MHz kingston (2x4 dual channel)
XFX R7 260x, 2GB, ddr5, Core edition Dual fan.
mobo Asrock A55m-hvs, Fm1
PSU MyMax High Power 600w blue led.

Solution
Well why you not got any good answer till now :/ I have AMD A8 3850 APU and R7 260X Sapphire card it's running fine on 450W PSU actually it can handle on top load also. I have turned on APU graphics to gain RAM memory as it shares RAM memory to use graphics and it will also save power as R7 260x is DDR5 and it's performance is far better then APU graphics and APU use ddr3 ram memory there will be not very much difference but R7 260X is itself nice that I can play any new game at 1080P resolution over 40+ FPS :)

iDozerV8

Reputable
Mar 2, 2014
I'm new at this forum so I don't know If I've posted in the wrong section, If I did, please let me know... (also english isnt my main language, so sorry for any mistake)

darshit4612

Honorable
Jul 8, 2012
Well why you not got any good answer till now :/ I have AMD A8 3850 APU and R7 260X Sapphire card it's running fine on 450W PSU actually it can handle on top load also. I have turned on APU graphics to gain RAM memory as it shares RAM memory to use graphics and it will also save power as R7 260x is DDR5 and it's performance is far better then APU graphics and APU use ddr3 ram memory there will be not very much difference but R7 260X is itself nice that I can play any new game at 1080P resolution over 40+ FPS :)

Solution