Amd athlon 64x2dual core processor driver

yenotraccoon

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
I had to reinstall windows on my AMD Athlon but my driver disc has flown the coop. I'm finding all kinds of programs that search the internet for the most current drivers BUT I have no network driver. I need just a network driver and then I could use one of these other programs to update the rest of my drivers. Anybody know where I can find JUST a network driver that works on the above processor?

thank you

http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/processors/athlon/Pages/AMD-athlon-processor-for-desktop.aspx

yenotraccoon

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012

thank you, but none of them contain network drivers, at least none of them I can run

Well, you are posting on the forum, so I assumed you were using one with internet access, which you could download to, then install on the other computer. If the vendor code & device code are listed in device manager, try searching for the driver with that info.
Search by Vendor / Device code as shown in device manager.
If you go in device manager, (for whichever device you need driver for)
Right click properties for the device, go in details for the device driver.
You will see a code like per example VEN_8086&DEV_27D8&SUBSYS...

The VEN code means vendor and the DEV code means device: in this case the vendor is 8086 and the device is 27D8.

Once you have the two codes, go to www.pcidatabase.com.
Enter the two codes and you should get the name of your hardware. From there you can search for a driver download for your hardware

yenotraccoon

Honorable
Jul 15, 2012
I go into system and hardware and low and behold there are NO network cards listed. Could it have gone bad on the mb? I would have thought it should have detected it during the installation of windows.