AMD Audio Problem

Peyman_2

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
Hello all,
Hello All,

I have a X555DG ASUS laptop. All things were alright with the audio and suddenly the audio gone. On the Taskbar there is a red X on the speaker icon and it says no speakers or headphones are plugged in. The windows troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem.

In device manager and under "Sound, video and game controller", there is "AMD High Definition Audio Device" that is working properly and it is the newest update of it.

I followed several solutions from internet but none of them could solve the problem.

I will be grateful for any suggestion.

Thanks

There should also be an icon for "Speakers" and "Headphones". Right click on the Digital Display Audio icon, is "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" enabled with a check-mark?

If Speakers and Headphones are not listed in your Playback devices you need to reinstall your audio drivers.

Peyman_2

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
This "AMD High Definition Audio device" is already in the disconnected devices and there is no other devices in the list.

When I Uninstall the audio driver, and scan for hardware changes in device manager, the system automatically install the latest version of this "AMD High Definition Audio Device" and ofcourse the problem still exists.

If your laptop is an "Asus X555DG", the driver download page for this model says your audio driver is a "Conexant Audio Driver". Try downloading and installing the audio driver from your laptops product page, rather than letting Windows install the driver automatically.

Peyman_2

Reputable
Jan 23, 2016
when I am trying to install the "Conexant audio driver", I get the error of "Driver Installation Failes: Could not find the device for this driver"

I also uninstalled my previous windows and installed a new one. But the problem didnt solve.

In your laptops BIOS under "Security > HD Audio Interface", is it set to [UnLock]?

If you run msconfig.exe, under "System Configuration > Services" is Windows Audio "Running"?

Windows-audio-and-windows-audio-endpoint-msconfig-running.png

I don't know why your audio is not working. Below is a link to some possible fixes. Try the 3rd suggestion, switching to the generic Windows audio driver. If none of these ideas help, you should contact Asus Technical Support. They may have a solution for you.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/audio-issues-silencing-your-windows-10-experience-heres-the-fix/