News AMD Becomes Leading Player in Decentralized Storage Initiative

George³

Prominent
Oct 1, 2022
I don't know friends, but for me already "crypto", it makes me want to throw up. Why do we humans continue to inflict this abomination upon ourselves?

D

Deleted member 14196

Crypto is a fantasy. If it ever becomes a major threat, you can be guaranteed that the owners of the IMF will be coming after them. They will own it or they will shut it down.

jp7189

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2012
It's too bad to see this knee jerk reaction to the word "crypto". Blockchain doesn't have to be about money or scams or pyramid schemes.

This article isn't as much about crypto as it is about decentralized storage. There are so many hurdles to overcome, but it is a wonderful idea in and of itself. Blockchain is a key piece to maintaining security and integrity. Beyond that, this is a great example of a project that is trying to bring value to the world - it's not just a store of wealth like other "crypto" projects, but aims to provide a useful service.

Reactions: bit_user

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
Yeah, because I want my data shredded into tiny little chunks and spewed about the internet to random servers like digital confetti.

"Your scientists were so busy worrying about if they could do this, they never stopped and wondered if they should"

George³

Prominent
Oct 1, 2022
It's too bad to see this knee jerk reaction to the word "crypto". Blockchain doesn't have to be about money or scams or pyramid schemes.

This article isn't as much about crypto as it is about decentralized storage. There are so many hurdles to overcome, but it is a wonderful idea in and of itself. Blockchain is a key piece to maintaining security and integrity. Beyond that, this is a great example of a project that is trying to bring value to the world - it's not just a store of wealth like other "crypto" projects, but aims to provide a useful service.
Yes, but as always, good intentions are usually abused. There are countless facts.