AMD Bulldozer, Llano Launch Dates Leaked

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]jj463rd[/nom]BD will make SB look like a 486.[/citation]

If it is THAT powerful I will be making my first AMD build. But...it won't.

jerfle

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2008
[citation][nom]yyk71200[/nom]I have news for you, AMD haters. Bulldozer can do 5x the amount of work per clock Bulldozer can do.[/citation]
What???

James296

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2010
I'm sensing that there are fanboy trolls present

anyway if BD comes in june then I'm looking at a new build come september, october

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]I would LOVE to learn where you heard this.[/citation]

Actually I read from somewhere that it was meant to be 40-50% more efficient clock-for-clock than Phenom's architecture was, which could really bring it into SB's territory.

mindbreaker

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
From what I have looked at BD should be roughly equivalent perhaps 10% better on average...but I think BD will be better at integer and SB better at floating point. BD will be better at not hiccuping when doing several different tasks. The server will be impressive...16-cores and you can get a pair of them and really cook with multithreaded apps. For servers they could take a bite out of Intel because most intensive floating point can be done with graphic cards better...the only reason to buy a bunch of CPUs is for integer then and Interlagos is going to cook with integer.

rmmil978

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]SteelCity1981[/nom]What?[/citation]

My car is way faster than my car. I can eat x10 as much as myself. The most interesting thing I have ever heard is that interesting thing. Oh...and I have tiger blood.

ranyunsu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
you guys getting all excited for nothing if bulldozer is really that great they are going to charge you a arm, leg and left nut for it like back in the old x2 and fx days. amd is not trying to save the world they are trying to make money and if the dozer is faster than sb get that arm,leg and which ever of your two nuts you can spare out to get ready to pay.

[citation][nom]megamanx00[/nom]I expected that for Llano, but I think that's a bit too late for Bulldozer. AMD needs Bulldozer out by April before Intel fully recovers from the whole chipset debacle. If not, it's going to be a long two months for them[/citation]

I completely agree your assessment, but we see what happens to products that are rushed to market, no?

sparky2010

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2008
"A total of eleven Llamo APUs will be released throughout the calendar year, the reports claim."

i don't usually care about typos. But this one is actually quite funny! Tom's is already trying to predict the future... hope it's not true though... lol

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
Even if bulldozer only has only 90% the performance of sandy bridge I'm going with AMD because this is their first new socket in years and it will be possible to upgrade unlike Intel who releases one every 12 months

msroadkill612

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2009
Lot of empty vessels here. Any one seen the SB vs Llano Utube clip from AMD. Seemed a pretty objective test & SB got its ass kicked. 90% of the market is IGP, AMD IGP way better, the Achilles heel of PCs is graphics. AMD have way better graphics. AMD wins.

ranyunsu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
list of past FX cpu's date released and price
FX 51 $733 9-23-03
FX 53 799 6-01-04
FX 55 827 10-19-04
FX 57 1031 6-27-05
FX 60 1031 1-01-06
FX 62 1031 5-23-06
after the release of intel core cpu
FX 70 599pair of cpu 11-30-06
FX 72 799 11-30-06
FX 74 999 11-30-06

AH the good ol days!

ranyunsu

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
[citation][nom]msroadkill612[/nom]Lot of empty vessels here. Any one seen the SB vs Llano Utube clip from AMD. Seemed a pretty objective test & SB got its ass kicked. 90% of the market is IGP, AMD IGP way better, the Achilles heel of PCs is graphics. AMD have way better graphics. AMD wins.[/citation]

AMD may win but you will lose because after Dozer kicks Sb's ass you are going to be paying out your ass if you want to play AMD if the past price is any indication. I have been waiting years for the Dozer myself but after i thought about it rationally i like the way things are now price wise as far as cpu's go and if the Dozer comes in a bit slower than Sb it will be better for us all unless you are wiping you ass with $100 bills and can afford any cpu just look at what you get for under 2 bills now amd or intel!

G

The FX brand name has only gone to chips that have been VERY high end AMD's in the same price point as Intel's SUPER high end desktop chips. Don't be surprised if the prices on them are skyrocketed. Also is looking good that AMD is back to the FX brand in that I think it's showing they are very confident early on.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]zepfan_75[/nom]....eh I'm gonna pass SB for me.[/citation]
Unless you really have to use the raw power of one of the highend chips why do people go Intel? (or are an Intel fan)
Under the $350 mark Intel and AMD chips are roughly the same. One excels more the other one some benchmarks whilst others it's the other way around. In fact I'd say going AMD is economical due to it's CPUs often having to be backwards compatible so you don't have to buy a new motherboard with every CPU.

So considering this why go Intel? It's no difference to you but would be a huge difference to AMD if it could get a bit more revenue. You already see what happens if AMD is not present in one segment of the CPU market: Intel prices skyrocket. In my opinion, unless you need the raw single thread power of Intel for work it's almost a duty to go AMD and super the underdog for the better of the industry!

Status
Not open for further replies.