Reputable
Dec 22, 2018
I want to build my first PC:
CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G
Mobo: Gigabyte b450M ds3h
RAM: (?)
Memory: 240Gb M.2 Drive + 1Tb hard drive
Power Supply: Corsair vs450

I want to have the Gskill trident z 16gb (2x8) DDR4 3200MhZ RAM kit but the shop said something like its not "ryzen certified" or "amd certified" something like that. he said that it can be used but there might be problems in the future so he recommended the gskill trident z neo rgb 16gb(2x8) 3600mhz RAM kit. Is the "amd certified" a true term or not? Can someone enlighten me? thank you.

Solution
imo it sounds like he is trying to "upsell" you to buy the more expensive ram. both rams will work fine.

The only issue you may have is your bios may need an update in the future to accomadate specific rams for certain cpus. but this can be for any ram.

But there is no "amd certified" or "intel certified" ram... ram is ram.
imo it sounds like he is trying to "upsell" you to buy the more expensive ram. both rams will work fine.

The only issue you may have is your bios may need an update in the future to accomadate specific rams for certain cpus. but this can be for any ram.

But there is no "amd certified" or "intel certified" ram... ram is ram.

Solution
Hi! thank you for answering! Can you talk more about this? Thank you so much.

Well sometimes when a new CPU is released, some motherboards will need an update to accomadate the new cpu. And it works the same way with ram. SO to answer your question, no there is no "amd certified" ram. hes trying to get you to buy the RGB varient of the same ram so you spend more money.

You will have no issue. And any issue that you could even possibly have would be solved via bios updates like I just explained.

Unless the deal is unbeatable, I would totally ignore that seller. He is just trying to sell you a more expensive product.

Reactions: aldoustabuzo1290