[SOLVED] AMD Chipset update error - System update is required

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlreadyZ

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016
Hello, guys!
Recently I bought a new SSD for my gaming PC, so I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10. Everything works pretty smoothly, but when I am trying to install the chipset drivers for my Ryzen 5 3600 I get an error. A system update is required to complete the installation. System configuration is not compatible for RAID drivers or applications instalation. I think that i read all the solutions in the forums, but nothing gets me a success.

My specs:
Windows 10 Pro 20H2 (everything is updated)
Asus TUF B450 Plus Gaming
Ryzen 5 3600

Regards,
Georgi

n8hL0Bw.png

Solution
I managed to fix the problem by resetting the BIOS settings and installing a fresh copy of Windows 10. I unplugged the ethernet cable due to the installation to prevent windows from installing drivers.

Colif

Win 11 Master
there is a newer BIOS since I last said there was a new one, it might help. Version 3002

AS for raid question, I don't think he was but the description for the BIOS update he has said
TUF B450-PLUS GAMING BIOS 2807
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.0
2. Update AMD RAID UEFI driver
3. Improve system stability"
So I think there was a change in how BIOS does raid.

AlreadyZ

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016
there is a newer BIOS since I last said there was a new one, it might help. Version 3002

AS for raid question, I don't think he was but the description for the BIOS update he has said
TUF B450-PLUS GAMING BIOS 2807
"1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.0
2. Update AMD RAID UEFI driver
3. Improve system stability"
So I think there was a change in how BIOS does raid.

At the moment I'm using version 3002 of the BIOS.

AlreadyZ

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2016
I managed to fix the problem by resetting the BIOS settings and installing a fresh copy of Windows 10. I unplugged the ethernet cable due to the installation to prevent windows from installing drivers.

Reactions: Colif
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.