AMD display driver stopped working and has recovered

katharyn17

Honorable
Mar 17, 2012
I bought my computer brand new from Dell, a little over a year ago. I've never had a problem with it, but this week I've begun having problems. It randomly freezes up, the mouse won't move, the screen goes black for a second, and then it comes back saying that the AMD display driver suddenly stopped working but has been recovered. There have been a few times where it has completely frozen up, to the point where keyboard commands don't work, such as ctrl+alt+del. I have to hold the power button down and shut it off that way, which I hate doing because it's not good for the computer. I've dealt with a lot of computer problems before, the computer I had before this one was a 98 Gateway that I used right up till I bought this one, but I've never had this problem before. I don't know what to do about this lol help! And pls explain it in a way that I can understand lol. I don't speak "computer" and altho I was pretty knowledgable with my old computer and its many many problems, it's been a while since I've had to do any work on a computer! Thank you all soooo much!

TRENDING THREADS