AMD Embedded GPU With OpenCL and 6 Displays

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

verbalizer

Distinguished

OK in a sense but I feel that UT took it to another level.
So we both win...:D
didn't really like Doom.
Loved Duke Nukem... :pt1cable:

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Just thought I would add this.

Back in the day ('03) while deployed, the favorite pastime of my dudes in my HQ to blow off steam when not out on missions was to play UT on our internal, unclass LAN.

It was a great way to vent and let our hair down a bit. In fact, during a few massive slugfests, several folks would stop by to let us know we were having too much fun. It was UT or going crazy. UT won the day!

verbalizer

Distinguished

EXACTLY BRUDDAH..

Daniel Smedegaard Buus

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011

Ha! That's funny, we could be sharing the same brain - ET is my favorite coop MP game ever! I never understood how (Splash Damage?) abandoned that game for commercial distribution in the first place. Not that it matters - as like you say - the game is awesome. Never have I spent hours distributing health packs to other players, only having a Thompson to defend myself, having that much fun and a sense of collaborative belonging and achievement.

Have you ever played the Thief series (as in 1 and 2, not Deadly Shadows (3))? If not, I think you should - except you'd need a bit of help getting them to run, as they were built for Windows 98 and 2000 respectively :D I revived them after playing Crysis 2 (still haven't finished), and was pleasantly surprised to find that yes, they are still the best first person games created to date.

Let me know if you want a quick fix for getting them to run on W7 x64 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.