AMD Embedded GPU With OpenCL and 6 Displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
Put one of these in my cars touch screen =P

I'd love to see some modern graphics on it that don't look like they came out of the late 90s. Could power the navigation, gauge LCDs, and entertainment system all at once with native 1080p support.

master9716

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
With Battlefield's 3 super realistic graphics coming out you can tell that the crysys engine is not that efficient anymore and if you played crysys 2 you can tell how outdated the game graphics are.

nezzymighty

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]Parsian[/nom]Good, i guess AMD's CEO change is beginning to show its effects[/citation]

The new CEO wouldn't have had any input into the design of this product. This particular product would have been given the blessing by Meyer. Product life cycles are longer than a few months...

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Now if NVIDIA would just get their head out of the arse and enable the use of the ports on my 460, I would be set. Trying to learn cuda on two screens kind of sucks compared to 3.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I don't mind tech news being a few days later but, TH, do you do it on purpose?! You are not several days just now and then...it's constantly. I really don't understand how or why. "There's this news about eyefinity enabled embedded graphics but I'll wait a few days before posting. News doesn't decide when TH posts. TH decides!" That's the only reason I can find.
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]The Crysis 1 engine was efficient? LOOOOOL[/citation]
Who said it was?

jednx01

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2008
I like that even after all crysis has been out for almost 3 and a half years now, CEOs of billion dollar companies still refer to it. haha

fir_ser

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
These embedded GPUs have a lot of potential and can be embedded in many products. An important thing is that these GPUs can be paired with AMD’s upcoming Llano APUs, I believe this will form a perfect onboard computer and an infotainment system in a car.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Does anybody ever talk about anything but Crysis's visuals- sure they're amazing but the gameplay is also great - it's a nice touch that you can approach a situation three billion differnet ways.

Daniel Smedegaard Buus

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2011
[citation][nom]11796pcs[/nom]Does anybody ever talk about anything but Crysis's visuals- sure they're amazing but the gameplay is also great - it's a nice touch that you can approach a situation three billion differnet ways.[/citation]

On what planet is that true? The exact opposite is the truth about Crysis (2, I assume). The visuals are stunning, but you'll be bored stiff playing this awfully linear pice of junk all the same. I was so bored I gave up finishing it.

Ephebus

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2008
[citation][nom]Daniel Smedegaard Buus[/nom]On what planet is that true? The exact opposite is the truth about Crysis (2, I assume). The visuals are stunning, but you'll be bored stiff playing this awfully linear pice of junk all the same. I was so bored I gave up finishing it.[/citation]

You're absolutely right. My system could run the game well enough at the time, but after having read lots of enthusiastic (paid?) reviews, I was extremely disappointed with the gameplay - or lack thereof. Crysis is not much more than an interactive movie with an expensive marketing campaign behind it. I have a Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory server (my all time favorite FPS) and keep seeing people coming back to the game all the time after having played lots of these newer, far better looking games, because most of them lack the sheer playability of classics like ET.

verbalizer

Distinguished
Unreal Tournament 99-00 and especially the GOTY 2000 Edition; will always be known as the one that stared it all (on-line multiple servers and so on..)
I just wanted to pay homage because in reality Crysis is overrated..
now back to the thread....:D

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
[citation][nom]malmental[/nom]Unreal Tournament 99-00 and especially the GOTY 2000 Edition; will always be known as the one that stared it all (on-line multiple servers and so on..)I just wanted to pay homage because in reality Crysis is overrated..now back to the thread....[/citation]
Wouldn't Wolfenstein or Doom be the one that started it all?

speedemon

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
If they could just get more memory bandwidth to the GPU, performance would skyrocket. If there was only a way to get the APU connected to some GDDr5... Prefer ddr5 only but if need be make a memory controller that can host both types of memory. Cant be that hard.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Raised
====
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
====
Bar for Computational level of Integrated Graphics.

Seriously, thats alot of power with an IGP. Too bad you need an AMD system to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS