Question AMD Fidelity stunned me in Cyberpunk 2077 (vanilla version)

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
Hi guys,

I have something to share with you. Cyberpunk 2077 is outstanding and beautiful.

My ROG STRIX RX 570 4GB can run it at 60 FPS with Fidelity on. The lower the resolution scaling, the higher the FPS I have got.

Why nobody is talking about it??

I bought this card before the semiconductor crisis at USD185 in 2019, now how much is this card, USD1,000?

CP2077 has very good graphics engine and I don't understand why so many people whine about it being buggy...etc

The shadows are already good, reflection not bad, in par with Crysis 3, lightings are ok, very good actually.
Fidelity set to 80% still looks great at 1080p my new BenQEx2510 (Thanks to Hardware Unboxed Tim's recommendation).

Now rather I have a question for you guys: for what reasons I need to buy a RTX 3070 to play the game? Its scalper price is above USD2,000 in the region I am located.

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
I have a better organized video in which I tested the HIGH and ULTRA presets with different resolution scaling provided by Fidelity CAS feature.

Do check it out and spread the news!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Bassman999

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
AND is working hard to Compete with Nvidia and their SW is definitely better IMO. RT across the board on the titles that offer it is needed for their newest cards, but I know they are going to get it worked out.
I agree. It's logical actually.
PS 5 is using AMD GPU. It has such a big fan base so AMD has to be good at ray tracing.
The difference between AMD and nVidia is that Huang just want to dig out every coin out of our pockets he doesn't care how we feel. AMD on the other hand, cares about us, the gamers not the miners.

Bassman999

Prominent
Feb 27, 2021
I agree. It's logical actually.
PS 5 is using AMD GPU. It has such a big fan base so AMD has to be good at ray tracing.
The difference between AMD and nVidia is that Huang just want to dig out every coin out of our pockets he doesn't care how we feel. AMD on the other hand, cares about us, the gamers not the miners.
When there was no RT support for my 6800 I bought a 3080.
But now I am building a PC around the 6800 as well because I need a 2nd anyway and I resolved the Issues with the 6800 being just residual driver registries from AMD card likely. No more freezing or stutters.
I am going to put a 1050ti (my old card) in my Dell and sell it.

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
When there was no RT support for my 6800 I bought a 3080.
But now I am building a PC around the 6800 as well because I need a 2nd anyway and I resolved the Issues with the 6800 being just residual driver registries from AMD card likely. No more freezing or stutters.
I am going to put a 1050ti (my old card) in my Dell and sell it.
Not sure about 6800. Is it pretty much close to the price of 6800XT? Why not buying a 6800XT?

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
Check the video again in case you miss my thread above.

I believe all games use DX12 libraries. PS5 also. It's up to the developers to use them or not. CP2077 is a good example.

The point I am trying to make is that AMD can beat nVidia is they optimise their drivers as they do to the consoles. Check this one also. The flections and illuminations are all there.

on the console all of the optimization are done by game developer not AMD. AMD just release the base driver for the hardware to work on and game developer will work from there to optimize their game. that is what console low level access truly are. when AMD push mantle to PC this is one of AMD main goal for the API: to bring in console style development/optimization on PC. just release the driver once and then all optimization are done by game developer. even if AMD release driver updates it will be about addressing driver bugs with API not game performance optimization. but on PC doing such thing is not ideal because of several hurdles. and in the end even with DX12 and Vulkan IHV like AMD/Nvidia/Intel still need to consistently releasing new drivers containing optimization/fix for new and existing DX12/Vulkan games.

Reactions: hotaru.hino
I believe all games use DX12 libraries. PS5 also. It's up to the developers to use them or not. CP2077 is a good example.
Not all ray tracing games use DX12. Wolfenstein: Young Blood and Quake 2 RTX use Vulkan. The PS5 also doesn't use DirectX for reasons that should be obvious. But if it isn't, the PS5 runs on a modified version of FreeBSD, which last time I checked, doesn't have DirectX support.

The point I am trying to make is that AMD can beat nVidia is they optimise their drivers as they do to the consoles. Check this one also. The flections and illuminations are all there.
AMD doesn't optimize anything for consoles. At best all they would provide are programming manuals for Microsoft and Sony's teams to figure out how to work it out. Besides that, AMD has been in the last generation of consoles, and yet we don't see AMD overtaking NVIDIA by a wide margin.

I would like to point out that, as far as I know, AMD is behind the real-time ray tracing game. NVIDIA's been in this for far longer, starting with at least the GeForce 400 series.

M3rKn

Respectable
Nov 13, 2019
Damn that really is crazy!
How do you record game play like that? Capture card?
I think with RT and DLSS on I was getting 80+ FPS average with a 3080
I didnt play much after enabling RT and DLSS so I cant say its lie that in all games parts
I just used the record feature in Radeon Software, I don't have a capture card. And yeah I would expect Nvida to have better RT performance. Theirs is more mature than AMD.