AMD Finally Finishes Mantle Drivers, Will Be Available Soon

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comments I've seen regarding mantle and BF4 so far:

"its working alright but cant see much difference. But, as far as I can tell, if I choose mantle, its a bit blurry. Not so much but thats atleast what I observed. But I am happy cause now AMD has shown something working. Not yet fully but it will take months, until it is refined."

"I get 10 more fps in BF4 but it screw up my mouse cursor in the menus and map. The cursor become offset by about 1 inch to the right of where it is actually clicking... back to DX11 for now..."

"I use Mantle on R9 270 and FPS are down a little.

Hope better performance on 14.2."

Djentleman

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2011

The AMD consumer -
"Waiting.... waiting........"

slimething

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013

Nvidia had big problems with BF4 when first released, even through the middle of November. Stop pretending it didn't.

Also, apparently people don't know how to read. If they don't properly uninstall drivers before installing 14.1, they are in trouble, even to the point of bricking their OS. Rolling back, same thing. Audio drivers should be updated as well. The first Mantle release is buggy and AMD plainly stated the first beta was optimized more for 290 series, but the more serious issues are operator error.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
NOTE! This AMD Catalyst™ Driver is provided "AS IS", and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewith.

Installing The AMD Catalyst™ Software Driver

Current driver MUST be uninstalled before updating to AMD Catalyst™ 14.1 Beta driver.

To refresh your memory
Beta software refers to computer software that is undergoing testing and has not yet been officially released. The beta phase follows the alpha phase, but precedes the final version. Some beta software is only made available to a select number of users, while other beta programs are released to the general public.

Software developers release beta versions of software in order to garner useful feedback before releasing the final version of a program. They often provide web forums that allow beta testers to post their feedback and discuss their experience using software. Some beta software programs even have a built-in feedback feature that allows users to submit feature requests or bugs directly to the developer.

In most cases, a software developer will release multiple "beta" versions of a program during the beta phase. Each version includes updates and bug fixes that have been made in response to user feedback. The beta phase may last anywhere from a few weeks for a small program to several months for a large program.

Each beta version is typically labeled with the final version number followed by a beta version identifier. For example, the fifth beta release of the second version of a software program may have the version number "2.0b5." If a developer prefers not to list the specific version of a beta program, the version number may simply have the term "(beta)" after the program name, e.g. "My New App (beta)." This naming convention is commonly used for beta versions of websites or web applications.

Since beta software is a pre-release version of the final application, it may be unstable or lack features that will be be included in the final release. Therefore, beta software often comes with a disclaimer that testers should use the software at their own risk. If you choose to beta test a program, be aware that it may not function as expected.

So what was the big innovation nVidia has in the works? Wait.....nothing.

bf4 had problems when it was released, and still does. it was neither amd or nvidias "big problem" so stop spinning the old news. mantle doesn't appear to be very buggy at all according to synthetics... bf4 is buggy so again dont put spin on it being amd drivers fault. nvidia has plenty on big innovations in the next few years just like amd does.

Status
Not open for further replies.