News AMD GPU and CPU Drivers Add Windows 11 Support, Unified Auto Overclocking

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
Look at all those games supporting FSR, in about 2 months after launch!

It has support in almost half the games DLSS has, GJ AMD.

How many games had DLSS support after 2 months from launch? Or 1 year after? Rofl.

Now only if nvidia wouldn't block FSR in some games, that would be even better, but I guess it's naive to think that will happen...

Even if they block that in some current games, if it's easy enough to implement going forward, you might see developers adding it in. You have to think though, Nvidia spent a lot of time and money marketing DLSS etc, so they probably want to make as much from that feature as they can.

DLSS had growing pains implementing it, but DLSS 2.0 essentially requires the engine supporting some temporal anti-aliasing if I read the material correctly. Granted, while FSR doesn't require temporal antialiasing, or accounting for pixel history, I don't think FSR will ever attain the same level of quality because having history does help with reconstruction.

Granted FSR may attain "good enough" for most people and that's all that really matters in the grand scheme of things.

VforV

Respectable
BANNED
Oct 9, 2019
DLSS had growing pains implementing it, but DLSS 2.0 essentially requires the engine supporting some temporal anti-aliasing if I read the material correctly. Granted, while FSR doesn't require temporal antialiasing, or accounting for pixel history, I don't think FSR will ever attain the same level of quality because having history does help with reconstruction.

Granted FSR may attain "good enough" for most people and that's all that really matters in the grand scheme of things.
Yes, I agree if we are talking about FSR 1.0 only.

We already know AMD is working internally with already improvements on FSR 2.0. And the truth is FSR from 1.0 how it is now has a lot more room to grow than DLSS 2.2 has... DLSS is already almost as good as it can be, it will have some, but very little extra improvement going forward.

TRENDING THREADS