Grant Fortune

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
After a few minutes of idle my, GPU goes to 99% load (64% sometimes).
Windows task manager shows 0% usage, AMD monitor tool shows 0% usage only AMD performance and GPU-Z shows true GPU load.
GPU heat pipes get hot, that's how I noticed the problem.

Tried reinstalling drivers.
Have Malwarebytes running no detections.
GPU tested in another pc - Worked. So it must be either windows or malware.
Added Sophos firewall to monitor network traffic, suspected bots, or crypto-mining malware, Nothing strange even HTTPS filtering on.

Please help, I do not know what more to try.
Prefer to not reload Windows.

System:
Intel Core i7 -7700
16GB DDR 4 Ram
AMD R9 280 GPU
Gigabyte B250 Motherboard
Untitled.jpg

Solution
There is really no alternative other than Doing a clean install Windows 10
If you have all games installed on your Storage Drive, you can just do fresh install Win10 on your SSD C: Drive.

You should go for Custom Win10 iso that contain Windows Update Disabled, Disable Automatic Driver Updates through Windows Update and Disable Automatic Downloading and Installing 3rd Party Apps from the start.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
If you have all games installed on your Storage Drive, you can just do fresh install Win10 on your SSD C: Drive.

You should go for Custom Win10 iso that contain Windows Update Disabled, Disable Automatic Driver Updates through Windows Update and Disable Automatic Downloading and Installing 3rd Party Apps from the start.

Solution

Grant Fortune

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013

I thought so but just for interest's sake, how would you go about figuring out what it actually is, I more curious as to what this is as to how to solve it.

gamenadez

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
I thought so but just for interest's sake, how would you go about figuring out what it actually is, I more curious as to what this is as to how to solve it.

Go Task manager. Go User Tab and Click GPU Usage find which one that uses 99-65% Usage.

Or go Details and Right Click on Column list and Select Column and Check GPU to display it on the list. Then sort it.
cQbsww9.png

Grant Fortune

Honorable
Jul 31, 2013
Go Task manager. Go User Tab and Click GPU Usage find which one that uses 99-65% Usage.

Or go Details and Right Click on Column list and Select Column and Check GPU to display it on the list. Then sort it.
cQbsww9.png
Hi, I mentioned that the task manager reports 0%. I know GPU-Z is correct because the GPU is actually hot.