News AMD Issues Fix and Workaround for fTPM Stuttering Issues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
Hi everyone,
I've got a Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G APU on an ASUS Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) MB and no GPU.
I have this issue for about a year now and a couple days ago I found the bios update on asus website and found out about this fTPM problem, so I updated the bios from version 2423 to 2803, then I booted and tried out in couple games and stutters were gone but converted to constant slow motion like frames every couple seconds!

I disabled TPM(security device support) under trusted computing in BIOS nothing changed, updated the iGPU driver and software to recommended version still same issue, updated to optional driver version nothing changed, tried the gaming and likewise profiles on adrenaline app does no effect :(

according to @Rymed I updated every driver I could and the problem still exists, now I'm really thinking of selling the whole PC.

Does anybody have any idea what am I suppose to do now? is this a hardware issue? should I be worried about damaging the parts?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help <3

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi everyone,
I've got a Ryzen 5 Pro 4650G APU on an ASUS Prime B550M-A (Wi-Fi) MB and no GPU.
I have this issue for about a year now and a couple days ago I found the bios update on asus website and found out about this fTPM problem, so I updated the bios from version 2423 to 2803, then I booted and tried out in couple games and stutters were gone but converted to constant slow motion like frames every couple seconds!

I disabled TPM(security device support) under trusted computing in BIOS nothing changed, updated the iGPU driver and software to recommended version still same issue, updated to optional driver version nothing changed, tried the gaming and likewise profiles on adrenaline app does no effect :(

according to @Rymed I updated every driver I could and the problem still exists, now I'm really thinking of selling the whole PC.

Does anybody have any idea what am I suppose to do now? is this a hardware issue? should I be worried about damaging the parts?

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any help <3
I would start a new thread about your problem and if you show me a link, I will help you out. Shouldn't really use this thread for purpose.

ArmanEsf

Prominent
Jul 25, 2022
I would start a new thread about your problem and if you show me a link, I will help you out. Shouldn't really use this thread for purpose.
Ok I will, yeah sure I record my issue and upload it somewhere and will send you the link.