AMD Launches Radeon R7, R9 300 Series Graphics Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fury is $549 (air cooled) Fury X is $649 (water cooled) with no performance numbers yet. We have no idea how it is going to perform against anything until THG/Anand and the others get their hands on them. If they perform decently I am looking at Fury for my next GPU. If not I might just say screw it and jump to the green team for the first time in 10 years.

''Fortunately, despite all the cards announced today being rebrands, they do support all of AMD's impressive new features. Among these you'll find Asynchronous Shaders, Framerate Target Control, VSR and DirectX 12. ''

so with that my old card should support it as well with a firmware or driver update being there rebrands of the rebrands ???

Fury is $549 (air cooled) Fury X is $649 (water cooled) with no performance numbers yet. We have no idea how it is going to perform against anything until THG/Anand and the others get their hands on them. If they perform decently I am looking at Fury for my next GPU. If not I might just say screw it and jump to the green team for the first time in 10 years.

True. I am guessing it performs just as good as it is priced the same as 980ti. Either that or they plan on losing more market share to Nvidia .

''Fortunately, despite all the cards announced today being rebrands, they do support all of AMD's impressive new features. Among these you'll find Asynchronous Shaders, Framerate Target Control, VSR and DirectX 12. ''

so with that my old card should support it as well with a firmware or driver update being there rebrands of the rebrands ???

+1 for the rebrand of a rebrand recognition. I really hope AMD pulls off something great. Honestly, it couldn't be better timing. Nvidia owners currently cant get stable operation while browsing the internet. It's a little more involved than that but its a great marketing headline.

They don't have to blow the green team out to have a successful rebranding launch. They only need to be competitive, at the right price point. I've been on the green team for the past 6 years and when I see things like the R9 380 attempting to claim the 1440p market, I hope there is weight to back up the marketing.

Also, is $199.00 for the R9 380 the bulk price? The R7 370 $149.00 was a bulk price but the other pricing wasn't qualified.

AMD 390x from performance/price point of view is way better than over priced 980ti.

We don't actually know the performance, yet. Only the marketing and what one could assume, based on re-branding launches.

We have a very good idea of 390x since it is a respin of the Hawaii 290x core...speed and power optimizations should land it in the +5-10% range vs 290x. Not very impressive against 980ti or Fury and Fury x unless you care about cost vs performance...thats where the 390x will be very relevant.

koss64

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
Quick question why do monitors in the first picture for the article have Halo 5 stamped at the top? I thought it was a PC event?Unless of course Microsoft is putting Halo 5 on the PC lol.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009

Yes, it's a nice broad marketing statement from AMD's presentation, "full DX12 support". Unfortunately we know now beyond a reasonable doubt that the 300 series lineup varies in feature level support based on their respective GPU's, ranging between 11.1 and 12.0. At best it's a half truth, technically they all support DX12 at an API level, but claiming they're fully DX12 compliant is a bit of a stretch I think, especially considering GM200, 204, and 206 all support 12.1.

Giroro

Splendid
I think the better question is what a bunch of Xbox Ones on display has to do with the 300 series GPUs. The title of the picture is "amd-r9-390.JPG, and I can't really explain that.

waiting for a $200-$300 HBM Dx12 card. $330 is close enough to $300, but it wasn't mentioned if it was DX12 or HBM.

These are all re-brands = GDDR5. HBM is for Fury.

no its slightly faster at stock as leaks say but if 980 ti oc beats it by quite alot we cannot tell until it release

The 980Ti is ~$300 more than the 390x and I can't tell who will blink first. AMD pricing it here, could say a lot or nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.