AMD Launches the Embedded G-Series SoC Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANOFKRYPTONAK

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2012
Looks good :D, But I want the eight core with the built in GPU like the PS4 and new XBOX. That looks to me to be like a great value. Especially if you could crossfire a dedicated with the on chip GPU.

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I wouldn't mind seeing an Ubuntu Touch x86 based tablet. With a real PC UEFI/BIOS, not some locked bootloader crap.

BringMeAnother

Honorable
Apr 22, 2012
I think 9W TDP might be enough for passive cooling. I don't get the 15W ones though. At 15W, they should compare their performance to the current Core i5 and Core i7 U CPUs, not the Atom.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
Cause their not meant to compete I i series processors, their designed for low power applications. I would like to see the 15w quad core compared with a dual core atom, 4 cores 4 threads vs 2 cores 4 threads. Although the 15w quad core would make a sweet little HTPC.

artk2219

Distinguished

CPU wise yes I can see it getting destroyed, GPU wise it would probably do the same to the equivalent I series Graphics. In short, things kind of stay as they are. Either way some interesting products are coming, and thats something to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.