AMD Making Money, Sells 6 Million ATI DX11 GPUs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Teirdome

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2010
Great for AMD/ATI, but I'm slightly more excited about what this means for PC gaming and DX11. That's a large install base that can handle it, so hopefully we will start seeing more titles ditching Unreal 3 and taking full advantage of DX11.

As someone who owns both ATi and nVidia cards (4870, GTX 285), this is good news for everyone. Healthy competition benefits everyone. I'm still debating between purchasing the GTX 4xx and ATi 5xxx series next, but people continuing to report flashing graphics problems in some games with ATi drivers (as I did with the 4870) has me leaning nVidia.

Power consumption and heat are not a concern for me in a full tower ATX case. Hopefully they'll get whatever the problem is resolved before I make my final decision and pull the trigger this summer. But it is nice having that choice to make. I can't imagine how awful progress would be with nVidia out of the GPU business or ATi out of the business.

2zao

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2009
ATI is doing better with drivers than they did in the past... recently released their newest catalyst preview and it seems that they are definitely bringing out updated drivers and better drivers than when i first bought an ATI card in 2002

G

AMD is back in business boys... the Evil overpriced empire known as Intel and Geforce are being put in thier places! All i can say is PWND GEFORCE PWND The Deathstar has been destroyed. LOWER COMPUTER PRICES FOR ALL!

bobalazs

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
And Nvidia loses quarterly profits. It was time for a change. Too long had they been in the shadow. Seriously though, Nvidia better shape up, we need the competition so prices can fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.