Question AMD & NVIDIA display conflict?

Aug 28, 2024
Hi, I'm looking for help and advice on display issue impacting my laptop use. Quick background, using a ASUS Rog Strix AMD Ryzen 9 7845HX with NVIDIA GeForce RTX4060 GPU.
I get frequent display blackouts and issues with additional screen being unresponsive (e.g. mouse lag and response delay) to the point I cannot use the machine.
Looking at the configurations, the laptop does not recognise NVIDIA as a, display option (saying it is inactive). Windows sets the AMD Radeon 610M as default and when I try to switch the default to NVIDIA in it's own settings it's giving me a warning not to.
Weird is, when I attach an external monitor the system does recognise NVIDIA.
Could I ask for help please to understand if this conflict is causing my display issues and response issues and how to fix? Thank you

Aug 25, 2024
i myself have a ryzen cpu and rtx 4060 laptop, most likely the qc issues of asus has struck you, but as for the advice, i can tell you to force use the dedicated gpu as display (if ur lap has mux switch, which allows u to switch between dedicated and i gpu) and try to stay connected to power (also check if there is some signal interference like electrical intereference where u live, my old asus tuf had screen issues due to electrical interference, getting good insulation fixes that)

Aug 25, 2024
i myself have a ryzen cpu and rtx 4060 laptop, most likely the qc issues of asus has struck you, but as for the advice, i can tell you to force use the dedicated gpu as display (if ur lap has mux switch, which allows u to switch between dedicated and i gpu) and try to stay connected to power (also check if there is some signal interference like electrical intereference where u live, my old asus tuf had screen issues due to electrical interference, getting good insulation fixes that)
you can check the programs such as armoury crate or other programs that are pre installed in ur laptop by asus to manage such things like mux switch