AMD or Intel

TurkzZ

Distinguished
May 12, 2005
Hi i have decided to get a Epox nforce 3 for i heard AMD was better than Intel for games at least. I was thinking of which AMD to buy, i have always used Intel befor so i dont know much about AMD.

1.Is AMD xp better than AMD 64

i am going to get a 3000+, what is the equivelent to this is Intel.

2.Is it hard to overclook, i heard by overclooking it, it gets much more powerfull

3.what is the difference between San Diego and Vennice?

thank you

the turk

theholylancer

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2005
hi here is my 2 cents:
the 64 is better than xp as xp is a budget build kind of chip
3000+? well in performance it even outperforms some of the top of the line intel stuff (check the cpu guild on THG more detailed there)
well i'm not that great with overclock but i herd that just small overclocking is easy like increase the voltage going to the cup in the bios and that sort of thing (better have a good cooler, stock coller will do like little increases) btw not an expert in OC so might wana check the OC forum out b4 follow any thing i said about OC here :p
I think that Vennice is made for single core 90nm amd 64s and San Diego was made 90nm for duel core amd 64 x2, not sure tho anyone wana confiem this for me? thanks.

fishmahn

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2004
Venice has 512k L2 cache, San Diego has 1MB.

For info on overclocking, read the OC guide stickied to the top of the Overclocking CPU forum.

Mike.

Hatphones

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2005
first of all, how many posts have been called "AMD or Intel" its probabaly some insane number because you ppl cant think of a more specific name such as "amd performance numbering" or "amd numbering question".

anyway, the san diego core is a single core part, but the design of the dual core parts is almost identical, just with 2 of em.

There is no patch for human stupidity