Temp :

CPU temp
Graphic Card - Temp

bios default settings creen :
Bios 1
Bios 2
Bios Dram timing
Bios 4

Could anyone advise me , how to set bios (cpu,gpu and ram) for better performance? PLESE :-(

all screen ALL

Last edited:
You are already in the 125 watt range with your processor. At stock settings.
See if you can lower voltage . And still be stable.
My phenom 2x6 @3.6 pulled 160watts.
And I burned 2 MSI boards VRMs that were supposed to support it in less than a month.
Picked up a Asus M5A97 for a better VRM and no more problems.

It is not that we do not want to help you overclock. Your board probably will not survive it.

Jan 31, 2023
You are already in the 125 watt range with your processor. At stock settings.
See if you can lower voltage . And still be stable.
My phenom 2x6 @3.6 pulled 160watts.
And I burned 2 MSI boards VRMs that were supposed to support it in less than a month.
Picked up a Asus M5A97 for a better VRM and no more problems.

It is not that we do not want to help you overclock. Your board probably will not survive it.

-----I can also make these motherboards ----

GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 - AMD 970
or
MSI 970 GAMING - AMD 970

-----I can also make these motherboards ----

GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3 - AMD 970
or
MSI 970 GAMING - AMD 970

The only board worth overclocking that you have mentioned is the MSI 970 Gaming, it has a much better VRM setup, Cheap boards back around that time were known to be problematic with 125watt or more CPU's, Genral rule for most boards around that time if it has no cooling on the VRM's nothing but stock on a 125watt chip, and even cooling doesn't always mean it has good VRM's either.

I have the Gigabyte GA-970a-ds3 I sorta used as a garage PC with a Phenom II x3 b75, I overclcoked the snot out the that triple core and the VRM's did get a bit hot, 90C on the VRM's on a 3 core at almost 4ghz with a 2900mhz CPU-NB on an open bench, I couldn't see it handling a overclocked 1055t to well.

Good Luck!

Jan 31, 2023
Which of these motherboards on an older pc , will be better for light clocking??
GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3
or
MSI 970 GAMING
or
ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA

Last edited:
cpu overclocking wouldnt give much performance anyway, you can try overclocking northbridge as this cpu has limited ram bandwith to 1333MHz, even if you have 1600MHz ram, northbridge limits that
you can do that by raising FSB clock, you will need to reduce cpu multiplier and ram clock, so cpu and ram wouldnt overclock with it
you maby also need to raise northbridge voltage slightly if it became unstable

and by just overclocking nortbridge, cpu performance gain (IPC/single core) is way higher than cpu overclock as it also increases L3 cache and memory controller bandwith

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023
cpu overclocking wouldnt give much performance anyway, you can try overclocking northbridge as this cpu has limited ram bandwith to 1333MHz, even if you have 1600MHz ram, northbridge limits that
you can do that by raising FSB clock, you will need to reduce cpu multiplier and ram clock, so cpu and ram wouldnt overclock with it
you maby also need to raise northbridge voltage slightly if it became unstable

and by just overclocking nortbridge, cpu performance gain (IPC/single core) is way higher than cpu overclock as it also increases L3 cache and memory controller bandwith
o thx my friend :)