AMD Posts its Catalyst 14.7 RC Driver

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Run into a bad apple every so often no matter what manufacturer you go through. It comes with the territory of building your own system.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Its from my personal feelings after scouring fantasy fiction that I believe unicorns still exist and are prevalent in suburban America. Wonder how many AMD/Nvidia owners do NOT post in forums? Still can't wait for maxwell and the R9 3XX series to be released. Need more power out of these bad boys for 4k/8k (obviously still a few years out).

anthony8989

Distinguished

So { forums = fantasy fiction } and { personal experience = unicorns }?

Lol?? You know when a top tier product from a company has a staple like "R9290 BSoD issue" that is consistent across board vendors and effects hundreds of users it stops being imaginary and becomes a fact.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

Taking it a bit too literal =P. Not all forums, or their users, are equal. Should add emphasis to the "Lol"

reckoning155

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
This driver is not installing for me i have amd 8570m graphis card currently i am using the 14.6 driver beta. i downloaded this latest version and installed it but after installing i opened catalyst control center and it still shows 14.6 why is it not installing for me. I am using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

A lot of folks are reporting this. My best guess is they just forgot to update whatever string would represent the driver number in your catalyst. I wouldn't worry too much about it but keep in mind it has BETA in the tag for a reason. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.