AMD Posts Quarterly Loss of $1.4 Billion

Status
Not open for further replies.

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
You just tell the investors that your stock is simply undervalued and that you have a solid product which will take off if given enough time.

Essentially, you lie!

doggykyle

Distinguished
May 25, 2006
Intel did not post a loss for Q4 they were down 90% from Q3 but they still had a net profit of ~$240 million. Do a little bit of fact checking.

dvmoo7

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
"The question now we should be asking is when will AMD ask for TARP bail out?"

I think they already did.. The-Arab-Relief-Program :)

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
Hopefully the Phenom II release buys AMD enough time to release the proper fusion platform, which should restore their performance lead.

pbrigido

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2008
[citation][nom]smalltime0[/nom]Hopefully the Phenom II release buys AMD enough time to release the proper fusion platform, which should restore their performance lead.[/citation]

AMD has a lot longer to go to reclaim that title my friend. They will, however, tighten their grip on the value end of things.

smalltime0

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2008
[citation][nom]pbrigido[/nom]AMD has a lot longer to go to reclaim that title my friend. They will, however, tighten their grip on the value end of things.[/citation]
If fusion lives up to its potential, which is almost latency free communication between the processor and graphics processor, Intel should not be able to match it.

Of course, whilst AMD almost always has the better technology they mess up its implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.