AMD Preps Fusion-based Quad-core A8-3530MX

Status
Not open for further replies.

chichad

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
AMD has only been teasing with bist and pieces of info. Why can't they just build something on time for once. I think they will be out with bulldozer and Intel would have moved to Ivy bridge (or beyond). Once again AMDs dream of crushing Intel's performance advantage would be crushed by its own bulldozer.

therandomuser

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2011
Well if it means that the integrated processor will be utilized better now, I salute AMD for their perseverance and drive to keep in the fight.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Fusion is a great product, it doesn't have to be top CPU performer.

And not that absolute majority of users would use CPUs that much. Unless I encode video (in which case I don't really care if it finishes at 2am or 6am) my CPU is idling most of the time or waiting for graphic card to spit out textures.

And not that paying hundreds of bucks for motherboard (hidden CPU price increase) should be a norm.

[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]And Intel comes with a bigbridge that even bulldozer cannot bulldoze...[/citation]
At price of 3 buldozers, eh? With 350$ motherboards that turn into "too old" in 3-6 month?

neblix

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2010
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]At price of 3 buldozers, eh? With 350$ motherboards that turn into "too old" in 3-6 month?[/citation]
Sandy Bridge is only like $25 more than the Thuban, and rightfully so (as it's FASTER, so it's PRICED MORE)

And a decent Z68 mobo runs you $150, not $350.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]And Intel comes with a bigbridge that even bulldozer cannot bulldoze...TOO Slow![/citation]
No one really knows the performance of Bulldozer. In either case AMD will price it accordingly to its performance. The highest end has a rumored leak of $320 which would make it faster than the Intel Core i7-2600K. We'll see how much of it is true next month when it comes out.

G

No, it will not make it "faster than the Intel Core i7-2600K", it will simply make it more expensive. You have no idea how fast the bulldozer will be, but if history is anything to go by, it will be about as fast as the cheapest i3.

ikefu

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009
This might not even be their top end mobile processor so don't get your panties in a bunch about the speed.

We need to hear where in the line up this falls.

The Greater Good

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
[citation][nom]GeekApproved[/nom]AMD is happy with the value segment. They don't need to be number one to be successful. They have been number 2 for 15yrs.[/citation]

This is 100% false. You need to learn some hardware history.

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]No one really knows the performance of Bulldozer. In either case AMD will price it accordingly to its performance. The highest end has a rumored leak of $320 which would make it faster than the Intel Core i7-2600K. We'll see how much of it is true next month when it comes out.[/citation]

Lol where is your source that say it will be faster then i7-2600k and priced that low. If bulldozer was really faster then i7-2600k amd would had cry so loud like they did with fusion.

pelov

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
Fusion is great! primarily focusing on embedded devices and the "value" segment; this isn't for the performance crowd, at least not yet.

They have new fusion APUs that only chew up 5W TDP.

coupe

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]srgess[/nom]Lol where is your source that say it will be faster then i7-2600k and priced that low. If bulldozer was really faster then i7-2600k amd would had cry so loud like they did with fusion.[/citation]

Bulldozer is Fusion Xo

coupe

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]chichad[/nom]AMD has only been teasing with bist and pieces of info. Why can't they just build something on time for once. I think they will be out with bulldozer and Intel would have moved to Ivy bridge (or beyond). Once again AMDs dream of crushing Intel's performance advantage would be crushed by its own bulldozer.[/citation]

The direction of computing is starting to move away from the CPU and move more to the streaming processor. Google GPGPU, OpenCL, CUDA, Direct Compute, Intel's MIC, APU.

G

[citation][nom]schmich[/nom]We'll see how much of it is true next month when it comes out.[/citation]
I LOL'd at this.

Status
Not open for further replies.